Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times

Advertisements

lol, there are PLENTY of guys out there with ferrari's who can't get the quality of woman that they desire. Believe it.

There are plenty of guys out there who aren't classically good looking or rich, yet are drowning in female reproductive parts (trying to stay pg-13, lol).

This would lead an astute observer to the conclusion that neither good looks nor money in the bank are necessary. There is something else at play other then those things, otherwise cases of men lacking them yet being successful simply couldn't exist in the numbers that they do. And cases of rich and good looking guys not getting any couldn't exist either, yet they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM

168 posts, read 370,087 times
^ That is very true! There are so many factors at play. There is someone out there that will find someone "ugly" attractive. There are tons of reasons. Maybe they are used to the hot guys that treat them like crap and want to try something else. Maybe they like the personality. Maybe they just aren't worried about looks!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
Don't some women have a so called "fetish" for obese men, disabled men, nerdy men, short men, plain men, plain boyish looking men, balding men etc? Most women go for looks but aren't there women too who also hold independent values which differ from the norm?
Some women prefer heavy guys or boyish-looking men. I've only come across one woman - a mentally strange one - who preferred balding men (no, I have a full-looking head of hair). I suspect the only fetish that might be more common among women is that for disabilities (I think the term is devoteeism), but on the whole disabled men are at much more disadvantaged than disabled women. Edit: no, Wiki suggests it's mostly a male fetish.

I do agree with most of the premise of this thread, but some ugly men can improve themselves greatly by getting cosmetic procedures or boosting physical fitness.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Damn man thanks a lot for the reality check, if I was in the dating scene I would be SOL.because I'm ugly as hell and short. Of course there are a few lucky bastards like Danny Trejo who is ugly as hell and he scored with Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez,Lindsay Lohan and that other woman who played her mother in Machete. Oh well I guess he's got it and when you got it you got it.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:24 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Some ugly men doom themselves by thinking they're doomed.

Smart men don't put limitations on themselves, and rise above their circumstances.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
If you're ugly than date a woman that is also ugly. I see very overweight and unattractive people dating others just like them all the time.
I agree with this. Most couples, but not all, tend to be roughly equivalent in terms of attractiveness. You see tons of couples in which neither partner is attractive and that's fine, they could be blissfully happy with each other.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:47 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some ugly men doom themselves by thinking they're doomed.
This. Heck, they doom themselves by thinking they're UGLY.

Very few people want to be around someone that gives off such negative, unhappy vibes.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I have given up caring what women think, I like my body hair and plushy tummy. In my eyes it looks nice and make me happy. No amount of compulsion will have it removed. I am not your sex tool, but an individual. Women should start thinking along the same angles too. All we need to do is keep ourselves healthy, clean, and hygienic in terms of looks.

If someone wants you to do something against your will for their personal gain, then its probably not a good idea to start a relationship with them. The most important thing is to find someone who is honest and straight forward. And the only way to do this is by hours of face to face interrogation in a private setting like your home, not Facebook or expensive date nights at a fine dining restaurant .

Just my view as a guy in my early 20's, and I am yet to find a woman in her late teens who agrees to this point. I hate online dating and going to expensive fine dining restaurants for dates. People polish themselves and hide true intentions there. Private settings like your home are far better choices for dates in my opinion and reveal more information.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 03-20-2014 at 08:29 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 AM

Hey man I have been doomed since I was a litttle boy in elementary school. I never was popular with the girls but I am still here. You can be ugly as hell and still get lucky. I wonder what happened with me, I was always curious why girls were attracted to some.kids only especially when they were the ones constantly in trouble but that is for another thread. The fact is that some of them had the looks and I didn't. But anyway, ugly men might or might not be doomed but we certainly don't have the advantage. Except men like Danny Trejo.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Hey just focus on your strenghts and not your weaknesses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty