Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times

Advertisements

There's a big difference between this moderator cut: image removed and this.

Last edited by Marka; 03-15-2014 at 05:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
I'd say this goes for men too. I have seen so many men in skinny jeans and nowadays, even suits are very form fitting. Personally, I find it nasty. I don't want their clothes hanging off of them, but even a suit should have some breathing room. And lastly, I really don't need to see tapered pants on men. That just looks wrong.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Yeah, I know I might get bashed for saying this, but as a heterosexual male, that is very attracted to women, I am tired of seeing women wear the TIGHTEST clothes that they can find.

It almost NEVER looks "Sexy" nor attractive. It really does look trashy.

You can look and feel VERY attractive in clothes without wearing the tightest clothes(or yoga pants and heels). That "look" is so low class.

Not to mention, since it seems like many women are dressing this way, they all look alike. Nothing unique.

Sorry if some of your are offended.
Are you also "tired" when they don't have clothes on? double

Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 AM

508 posts, read 663,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
There's a big difference between and this.
I don't see a difference.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
This made me laugh. The other night there was a woman in the store who looked downright trampy, she was wearing really tight clothes and heels and her boyfriend couldn't keep his hands off her. When she turned around at one point, she almost fell over, it was hilarious.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:51 AM

508 posts, read 663,409 times
I will say, I once had a woman come over the Sunday after my dad died trying to get me to list the house (which we were renting) with her for sale.

On a Sunday morning, in the Bible Belt, she was dressed in skin tight black spandex leggings with gold high heels and a gold and black bustier, teased hair, makeup apparently put on with a trowel - the ultimate in Trailer Trash Barbie Chic. She looked like she was ready to go prowling at the nearest cheap honky-tonk roadhouse.

Her totally inappropriate business practices were bad enough - the way she was dressed and made up at 9 AM on a Sunday morning was just Sh** icing on a turd cake, LOL!

Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,468 times
It's funny how many people are saying I'm gay or giving smart remarks...........behind the scenes, if you could see the number of REP points I've received. :0)

There are many more people that agree with me than disagree.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 AM

452 posts, read 709,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
It's funny how many people are saying I'm gay or giving smart remarks...........behind the scenes, if you could see the number of REP points I've received. :0)

There are many more people that agree with me than disagree.
I agree.

I have a fabulous figure and nobody knows it except my husband, who thinks it's hysterical. At 46 and at my size, I still have to shop in the "jr's" dept for clothes that don't hang off at the shoulders or fall down at the waist.

I make my own clothes now. I'm too old to wear kiddy clothing, even if my best friend (yeah, you Lisa) thinks I should go for it. I like long skirts and peasant tops (my work is physical and this is the best solution for the heat and to keep from being scratched up) so they're easy to make and if I want fancy, I do blackwork (or scarletwork) on them.

I get more compliments now than I ever did when I was buying clothes that "fit".

Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
I will say, I once had a woman come over the Sunday after my dad died trying to get me to list the house (which we were renting) with her for sale.

On a Sunday morning, in the Bible Belt, she was dressed in skin tight black spandex leggings with gold high heels and a gold and black bustier, teased hair, makeup apparently put on with a trowel - the ultimate in Trailer Trash Barbie Chic. She looked like she was ready to go prowling at the nearest cheap honky-tonk roadhouse.

Her totally inappropriate business practices were bad enough - the way she was dressed and made up at 9 AM on a Sunday morning was just Sh** icing on a turd cake, LOL!
It sounds like the outside matched the inside, at least she was consistent in her tackiness.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:35 AM

166 posts, read 241,026 times
My wife does not dress like a **** but she slways looks beautiful. We are in our early 40's so it may be different for us,as a woman ages into maturity she does not need to show more skin to feel sexy. My wife shows less skin but she knows she is sexy but my wife is also the best nurse,mom,wife,and was raised in a wealthy Christian family. We can not simply bash people for the way they are we have to understand where they came from and what is the norm for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty