Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

I agree, I think women can look sexy without skin tight clothes and a yes, a lot of the time it just doesn't look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 AM

148 posts, read 188,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I don't wear skin tight clothes, but I do wear form-fitting clothes and often have my awesome cleavage on display.

hmm pics not showing up, reinstalling Windows

Old 03-22-2014, 12:26 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I don't wear spandex or tight clothes at all. My clothes usually fit, or are a size bigger. I don't have the confidence to show off my body because I don't have a pretty face. I was just surprised by this thread because I've seen other threads about women not wearing tight clothing. It seems someone is going to complain either way.
My daughters bf is one that gets instantly turned off by a woman that dresses with tight clothing or revealing clothes. My daughter is very beautiful but dresses modestly and her bf loves that.

I myself try to find the balance between dressing like a hooker and dressing like a nun; much like my daughter.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 AM

240 posts, read 423,012 times
Quote:
I don't wear spandex or tight clothes at all. My clothes usually fit, or are a size bigger. I don't have the confidence to show off my body because I don't have a pretty face. I was just surprised by this thread because I've seen other threads about women not wearing tight clothing. It seems someone is going to complain either way.
I feel bad that you don't think you have a pretty face. Don't be fooled into thinking that beauty is only what you see on television.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:13 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
I agree with you Rocco unfortunately some women feel the look their best when wearing these items and given the selections out there and the encouragement from others, it's not something that's going to end soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Yeah, I know I might get bashed for saying this, but as a heterosexual male, that is very attracted to women, I am tired of seeing women wear the TIGHTEST clothes that they can find.

It almost NEVER looks "Sexy" nor attractive. It really does look trashy.

You can look and feel VERY attractive in clothes without wearing the tightest clothes(or yoga pants and heels). That "look" is so low class.

Not to mention, since it seems like many women are dressing this way, they all look alike. Nothing unique.

Sorry if some of your are offended.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,374 times
OP Rocco - Here's a quote I think you'll like:

"Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and
loose enough to show you're a lady."

- Edith Head, American Costume Designer and winner of eight Oscars

Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Horizontal stress wrinkles = too tight. Vertical wrinkles = too loose.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Yoga pants with heels, though? That's an odd combination. Maybe you're just hanging around particularly inept people who don't know how to dress themselves.

Are people calling leggings "yoga pants?"

Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM

255 posts, read 407,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
I feel bad that you don't think you have a pretty face. Don't be fooled into thinking that beauty is only what you see on television.
I just go by what people tell me. I know people don't look like magazines or television. I've been getting told since I was 12 years old that I am ugly, even by my mother. Everyone says my face is very masculine looking. My mother says my face is my fathers all over again, and she hated him.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
But then guys would be complaining that women aren't wearing clothes that show their figure.
You don't want to show off your figure.

You want to emphasize the positive and de-emphasize the negative. Not the same thing as "showing off your figure."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty