Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times

Advertisements

I used to work with a woman who doused herself in Poison and she smoked, the combination of the two was nauseating to say the least, the thing is she thought she was so sexy and appealing by wearing the vile stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I had a woman standing at our counter last Friday who probably hasn't bathed for several months, and her stench was so bad I could barely stand her. I'll take the over-perfumed customer ANY day!

Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM

541 posts, read 860,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryrat View Post
Why do women, especially older women, bathe in perfume? You can smell them three aisles away in the grocery store. How do they stand the smell? Do their noses get used to it and they no longer notice it?
Most likely you're correct. They get used to it and no longer notice it. Also, as we get older, our sense of smell depreciates.

Quote:
The reason I notice and object is that I am highly allergic to perfume. If I pop around a corner to another aisle and encounter one of these perfume wearers it's instant headache. It's like someone jammed pencils up my nostrils. My sinuses get plugged up and often the headache, a dizzying type, can last for hours. One receptionist at the doctors uses so much one is forced to stand back from the counter to avoid her.
Why should I and others suffer because someone perhaps doesn't bother to shower? It's not fair - I don't inflict pain upon others.
I feel the same way. Perfumes/Colognes make my eyes tear and my nose stuffs up. Many times I get a headache too. Very uncomfortable and I do have to walk away if it gets to be too much. I use all unscented products (except for conditioner because I can't find a good unscented one!) and no perfumes ever. I wish everyone did as well, but it's a "free country" so...

Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
I was just catching up on this thread, and I thought about how I can't stand going into those stores that have scented everything, like Bath and Body Works. It's just way too much fragrance in one small area. I've even asked the clerks if they get tired of the smell lol! I could never work there! And I'm not allergic or asthmatic or anything. Just gags me to even walk in there.

On the other hand, I have a friend who always buys me gifts from there.....and that's okay by me he he. I don't mind using the bath salts, etc., but all of it in one small store is way too overwhelming.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
It's not just older women. I was in a elevator with these two young girls and they had so much stuff on I felt I was going through a tear gas training exercise. Literally I was sipping my air.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
While reading through this thread something became blatently obvious. Out of 45 posts 23 started with the words "I", "I'm", or "My".

Just an observation ... That being said, I love the smell of most perfumes and even better love the smell of a nice cologne on a man but then again, I'm not the scent police and it's not my job to tell people how to live their lives. If I don't like the smell of something (cigarettes ) then I adjust myself from the situation as opposed to trying to dictate to others what they should or should not be doing.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
While reading through this thread something became blatently obvious. Out of 45 posts 23 started with the words "I", "I'm", or "My".
Are we supposed to speak for others?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Are we supposed to speak for others?
As the original post stated .. it was just an observation.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:56 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post

Just an observation ... That being said, I love the smell of most perfumes and even better love the smell of a nice cologne on a man but then again, I'm not the scent police and it's not my job to tell people how to live their lives. If I don't like the smell of something (cigarettes ) then I adjust myself from the situation as opposed to trying to dictate to others what they should or should not be doing.
Sanity!! Thanks for your observation.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
I might be one of those guys on the unlucky day. Bottom line, I love using cologne. Sometimes accidentally go overboard and end up using a bit too much when I don't intend to (Whoops y Daisy ). I shower every day without fail though. Don't mistake me there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty