Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 PM

260 posts, read 605,424 times

Advertisements

... that can happen to a person's looks? I can't think of any other natural and common cosmetic phenomenon that can bring a person from a 9/10 in looks to a 1/10 in looks in a matter of a few years. Women can't possibly know what it's like to be a man with receding and/or thinning hair at a young age. I've seen guys who are full cue ball by age 22. They usually become depressed and then resentful for having their early adult years robbed from them. Having a full head of hair versus being bald is the difference between having the potential to be considered sexy and never having the potential to be anything besides "creepy." Even a little bit of recession can go a long way to ruin a guy's looks.

Here are some photoshopped pics to demonstrate:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 AM

395 posts, read 546,169 times
Wow. George Clooney photoshopped to be bald, actually looks less like a gigolo.

It's sad when it happens to a young guy, but some compensate by just going really short.

I don't think baldness is unattractive in men. I think nasty teeth, smoker's mouth, dirty nails, bad hygiene, bad skin, are much more likely to turn me off.

Perspectives----
A rolling stone, grows no moss
Solar panel for a sex machine
I don't consider myself bald, I'm just taller than my hair. -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
It's pretty bad on some guys, not as bad on others.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:02 AM

5 posts, read 8,240 times
I agree with Aunty that nasty teeth, smoker's mouth, dirty nails, bad hygiene, and bad skin are all much worse. I think that if guys are going bald, it may actually be better to embrace it rather than to rock the ‘George Costanza’

Just try this, squint your eyes and then put both hands up around the edges of George Clooney’s face to where you can’t see his hair. You will instantly see that the baldness isn’t bad.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
... that can happen to a person's looks? I can't think of any other natural and common cosmetic phenomenon that can bring a person from a 9/10 in looks to a 1/10 in looks in a matter of a few years. Women can't possibly know what it's like to be a man with receding and/or thinning hair at a young age. I've seen guys who are full cue ball by age 22. They usually become depressed and then resentful for having their early adult years robbed from them. Having a full head of hair versus being bald is the difference between having the potential to be considered sexy and never having the potential to be anything besides "creepy."
Oh for God's sake.

Look- and I say this an otherwise-very-young-looking-for-his-age 37-year-old who just in the last year noticed his hair is significantly thinning on top and is NOT happy about it- your post is ridiculous. Plenty- yes, plenty of men who have receding or thinning hair or who are bald have all kinda of success romantically.

Yes, it's a blow to the ego, yes, getting older sucks. No, it's not worth the level of fixation you're laying about above.

Get a haircut that's right for the hair you have, shave it, grow a beard, whatever, but then move on with your life. It's thinning hair, not a terminal illness.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I'm gonna say one thing:

Patrick Stewart.

I know 20yo chicks who think he's hot.

In fact, he just married a 35yo and he's 73.

It's all how you style the hair. Bruce Willis kept his really short once the male pattern emerged, then eventually shaved it pretty much all off. No women thought that ruined his looks. He's just getting older.

My own husband's hair started thinning in his early 20s... he finally cut it very short when he was about 25. He keeps it cut close and it looks good on him.

The only down side to male pattern baldness (besides guys who get all weird with the hairstyles) is if you have an oddly-shaped head, you cannot cover it with hair anymore.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
as a 25 year old guy who has had both acne and has MPB, acne is way worse. MPB is a non event once you get over the ego/vanity hit, and plenty of girls seem interested in me, especially once I'm interacting with them.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
My question is, what is the OP selling? Implants, rugs, hair ointment, what?? Male pattern baldness is preferable to whatever cure he is hawking.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:38 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,001,566 times
Baldness doesn't matter if you're confident, smart and rich.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:32 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
I wish Justin Beiber WOULD go bald. Shortly before he just goes away. The guy is a jerk X100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty