Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times

Advertisements

On hot day days I cut my grass without a shirt and none of the neighborhood ladies who drive by or walk their dogs have yet to complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 05:22 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
That they're show-offs. Outside of the beach, I never cared for the shirtless-in-public thing. Now, I could be wrong, but that's just the impression I get from it.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:18 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
Its low class to walk around shirtless - no matter how great your abs are.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:57 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Its low class to walk around shirtless - no matter how great your abs are.
Is it low class to wear shorts and show your bare legs? How about sleeveless shirts that show the entire bare arm? What about women who show a lot of cleavage? What about muffin tops and butt cracks?

Where do you drive the line in regard to how much and what skin can be shown before it becomes low class?

Old 12-22-2014, 07:54 AM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Anyone here old enough to remember the hippie movement in the mid to late 1960s? I Am!

Part of the hippie movement was a going around in the warm weather months without a shirt or shoes. More conservative businesses use to post a sign that said NO SHIRT NO SHOES- NO SERVICE.

How often do you see someone out in public today not wearing a shirt (bare chested) away from a beach or ones personal property? What do you think when you do see a man walking around without a shirt?

I only see runners going around without shirts. Some are built and some are not. I appreciate the ones who have a little tone to them but I wouldn't say that those who do not shouldn't take off their shirts. If they're comfortable with their bodies then more power to them.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:46 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
As long as they're hot, I encourage it

Old 12-22-2014, 10:03 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
What do you think of men walking around without shirts on in public? (look, difference)
Unless you are at the beach or hot from being on the last mile of your 12 mile run, there is no excuse for any dude to be walking around without a shirt on. This isnt really a fashion issue but more of a class issue. Dude walking around with no shirt on either has a criminal record or he will soon have a criminal record. Classless and tacky.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:16 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,880,883 times
Are we talking public places that are not beaches/waterparks/etc.? During the summer I rarely wear a shirt when I'm outside at my home, mowing the lawn or washing the car or something like that. Sometimes when my son wants to go for a ride around the block in his Power Wheels and I'll walk or ride my bike shirtless if it's really hot out, but I don't understand how anyone can go to another public place where shirts are typically required, shirtless. I like to keep a good tan in the summer so if I can go shirtless, I usually will.

For what it's worth, I'm not the greatest physical specimen and have put on a few pounds over the past couple of years, but I'm still 5'11 190ish so I'm not that visually offensive lol.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:17 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
When I was little I HATED that boys could go "bare bellied" and I couldn't, so one day I decided I was going to go bare belling and no one would stop me. I stood at the front door and after a few minutes built up the courage to rip off my shirt and run down the street. I got about 15 feet before my mom saw what I had done and demanded I come back. It was in that moment I realized it just wasn't meant to be.
Great story! Made me laugh.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:52 AM

460 posts, read 1,004,578 times
Driving my Jeep with the top off on a warm day with no shirt on feels awesome. Feel sorry for the ladies who can't experience it and think they should be able to as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty