Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 PM

463 posts, read 559,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah I get that but that's really not the issue here. Consider these two people:

A young woman just out of college is working hard to get on at Really Cool Inc. She doesn't have time to date or meet guys and hates the bar scene. Her best friend's mom says she knows a really nice guy who is a computer programmer and she shows her a picture. She politely declines. She says she doesn't like red heads because they look so pasty and she likes going to the beach.

A guy who is working on his residency meets a pharmaceutical sales rep who really appears in to him. He doesn't meet too many women outside of work so they go out. They seem to hit it off okay but he doesn't seem that in to her and doesn't call her back. She happens to have a friend that works with him and gets her to casually find out why he never called her back. She tells her that he says he just wasn't attracted to her and is going out with a waitress he met at the Breasteraunt just down the street.

How do you think each is perceived? Do you think the girl's friend in example one will stop trying to set her up or think badly of her anyway? Do you think the guy in example two will be lauded because he is just acting upon his desires?
Well its pretty obvious Girl #1 has standards...you go girl!

Guy #2 is a :sniff: :sniff: such...a...shallow jerk!

Last edited by go-getta-J; 03-18-2014 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 02:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
It depends on who responds to this question. In both cases I think they just chose not to go forward because of their choice of what they find attractive and interesting. Maybe both missed out on something good, that is another reality that we as humans will have to deal with, good desicions and bad desicions. In my case I like big boobs as long as they are attractive in my eyes, it doesn't mean I am going to be staring and drooling at their sight like a creep, but I will like them just as I did when I was younger and if I get villified or criticized for it then so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
Well its pretty obvious that the Girl #1 has standards...you go girl!

I think most people will deem the guy to be shallow and the girl to be choosy. Simple as that. No matter how nice the waitress is, no matter what her desires or aspirations are or her golden personality - people will take one look at her huge rack and think, "Well we see why he's going out with her ." And they'll explain to the girl that was culled that she is better off without him. No other info is needed or considered.

The girl from example one won't face such scrutiny. It is just that simple.

Just like you said men will ogle and that is just our society, I am saying that women get to be choosy but men are shallow if they openly pick women based on physical characteristics - especially if it is because of big boobs.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalizthenix View Post
I must say I'm mesmerised by large boobs, but then I'm "not fair" because "society" says it's wrong..
Everyone likes certain physical features and it's your choice. The only thing I cannot stand from a man is when they "turn stupid" over a set of boobs. They belong back in junior high and will most likely never get a woman with big boobs, lol.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

Men who just whistle, stare, make gestures, look straight at the boobs, really have no chance.
I have never understood why men do that... do they think cuz they did that and got your attention that they will get a date or something? some men's behavior is just not logical to me..

Not long ago there was a rude guy in a grocery store leering at me (he looked like he wanted to say something to me.. er.. I mean my boobs).. so I ignored him.. he was with what appeared to be his wife.. all I could think was how sorry for her I felt, married to a jerk like that..

Old 03-18-2014, 02:45 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You seem to be one of those women with an over-inflated view of your gender's worth as human beings. By the time you weed out the druggies, the alcoholics, the anorexics and bulemics, the shopoholics who live their life in credit card debt, the gender politicians who manage to claim they are downtrodden while enjoying endless social privilege and economic preference, and the ones who are always mad about something, like men noticing when they walk around with their **** hanging out, only about half the women in the US are even worth considering for a relationship.

If you really are a dom looking for a sub, there may be somebody out there for you, but there are a lot more women who want a man to obey her every command than there are men interested in being ordered around. Competition will be intense, so you better have the body to back up your bark.

Bras - Dominatrix Lingerie. Leather Lingerie, Leather PVC, Fetish Clothes
Sorry, only one award per year for "Most ridiculous and obviously untrue" C-D post, and you already received it (see post #84).
We do appreciate you entering again though.

- The prize committee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Other areas in which you may think about competing:

"Most blatantly misogynistic, yet humorless post of the month"

"Most sadomasochistic obsessive, yet humorless post of the month"

"Most fetish lingerie obsessive while still being breast unappreciative, humorless post of the month"

We will keep you apprised of other awards as they become available.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-18-2014 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 03:17 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
I'm a reasonably attractive guy with a good job married to a wonderful woman who, like the vast majority of girls I've dated, is well endowed. I was caught sneaking a peak at my wife's cleavage early in my courtship, but I restricted my alcohol intake so I wouldn't devolve into the cretin who oogled her like so many others before. I know this because a couple of years ago we went back to the restaurant where we had our first date & she caught me looking at her boobs in part because she was wearing a new top. She then told me that she knew I looked and didn't mind the attention because I was still talking to her and making eye contact and listening to what she had to say. In short, I treated her with the respect she deserved.

Like I said, I've always had a thing for slim to curvy girls with large natural breasts. I will agree with some of the posts and speculate that possessing those attributes can have a negative impact on some girls. It may be the combination of the girls having low self esteem and being objectified. That said, some of the comments relating to 50% of women are obviously hyperbole/BS.

It's not a far stretch of the imagination that a girl's sense of reality would be slightly warped she spent her entire life from the teen years through her early to mid 30s with guys throwing freebies at them, or taking them on trips, or to fancy restaurants/shows. This actually happened to a woman I know who was fired for getting into an affair with her boss. Prior to that she had literally been taken on trips to islands, and been all across Europe on other people's dime. We never dated because I figured she was used to high rollers who make a lot more than me, but she did tell me and a female friend of mine about her weekend exploits. I don't know if stuff like that warped her judgement, but I'd be interested in hearing about this from a woman's perspective.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:19 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcky View Post
I have never understood why men do that... do they think cuz they did that and got your attention that they will get a date or something? some men's behavior is just not logical to me..

Not long ago there was a rude guy in a grocery store leering at me (he looked like he wanted to say something to me.. er.. I mean my boobs).. so I ignored him.. he was with what appeared to be his wife.. all I could think was how sorry for her I felt, married to a jerk like that..
No offence, but I believe you got that wrong. A man can look at other women(even if he is married) like he looks at a sports car. You(well, whatever part a man likes about you) just catches our attention for 5 - 10 seconds and then we think about something else. About 20 seconds later, we will have forgotten about you and look at another woman(or sports car). It has nothing to do with an unhappy marriage or something like that. It is just how we are wired up, in prehistoric times and some time after that one male could have several females so he was always looking around for potential mates. Some of that behaviour is still inside us.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Everyone likes certain physical features and it's your choice. The only thing I cannot stand from a man is when they "turn stupid" over a set of boobs. They belong back in junior high and will most likely never get a woman with big boobs, lol.

Sorry, but total BS.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
Well its pretty obvious Girl #1 has standards...you go girl!

Yeah she has standards alright. And I guess not being attracted to someone and choosing to date a waitress with nice boobs makes him a shallow jerk. I guess waitresses with big boobs are all fake bimbos in people's eyes, that is real nice. I will take the waitress if that is what I am attracted to and people can say what they want about me.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:30 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalizthenix View Post
I must say I'm mesmerised by large boobs, but then I'm "not fair" because "society" says it's wrong..
There are a ton of women out there that like big boobs too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty