Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:01 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK for me, spring and summer bring in this:

Lots of t-shirts and shorts for working out in the yard

Bright capris in lots of different patterns

Cotton blend shirts, especially those painters shirts

SANDALS SANDALS SANDALS - my favorite types of shoes

I love spring cardigan sets but they're impractical around here since we can wear them for about, oh, 2 days. We seem to go from 40 degrees to 90 degrees in about that time span.
That's summer wear up here. Mid 80's in the day and around 60 at night. Spring and fall are sweater & Jeans seasons here. Unless they are working out or very cold tolerant, women usually don't wear such clothes here till June.

We have 4 months of cardigan season, 4 months of Shorts, and 4 months of shoveling snow here. Colors never fail to impress my eyes.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 03-19-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
One of the most frigid winters here since we can remember in 21 years began the end of October with the most below freezing and sub zero lows. It hasn't ended yet, Monday and Tuesday lows will be zero.

The front and back yards are a sheet of ice. We have winter weather diue tonight with another 2 to 4 inches of snow.

So, still wearing flannel lined jeans, insulated hoodie and coveralls.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
That's summer wear up here. Mid 80's in the day and around 60 at night. Spring and fall are sweater & Jeans seasons here. Unless they are working out or very cold tolerant, women usually don't wear such clothes here till June.

We have 4 months of cardigan season, 4 months of Shorts, and 4 months of shoveling snow here. Colors never fail to impress my eyes.
Well, we have Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas here.

Honestly, we wear open toed shoes (even most professional jobs allow this) from about March till October - sometimes into November!

Yesterday I laid out in the backyard to get some sun. It was 74 degrees and sunny! Today is a little cooler, so I'm not wearing shorts or capris but I'm wearing sandals with my jeans.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 AM

Oh, and if you have children what are you getting them for spring clothes. I always find it cute when little boys and girls are well dressed .

Please do not mistake this comment for pedophilia.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 AM

I love shopping for my ten year old niece! Classy stuff. Her mom thinks camo is fashion. I got her a really nice Nike top in pink and black.

Ugh, why would you have to add that disclaimer is too sad, Adi. But it is the world we live in, unfortunately.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The skirt is from here but you can find similar on Etsy (under African wax print skirts)
thank you

Old 03-19-2014, 07:43 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, we have Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas here.

Honestly, we wear open toed shoes (even most professional jobs allow this) from about March till October - sometimes into November!

Yesterday I laid out in the backyard to get some sun. It was 74 degrees and sunny! Today is a little cooler, so I'm not wearing shorts or capris but I'm wearing sandals with my jeans.
Kathryn - you are killing me with the 74 degree weather! Last Saturday it was 72 - snowed the next day and has been cold ever since mostly because of windchill - cloudy and gloomy now for 3 days in a row which makes me want to do nothing!.....But next week the promise of warmer weather - we'll see. Jealous of you, LOL. Enjoy.

I do love sandals - wish I could wear them allll the time.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:48 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
One of the most frigid winters here since we can remember in 21 years began the end of October with the most below freezing and sub zero lows. It hasn't ended yet, Monday and Tuesday lows will be zero.

The front and back yards are a sheet of ice. We have winter weather diue tonight with another 2 to 4 inches of snow.

So, still wearing flannel lined jeans, insulated hoodie and coveralls.
I've been watching NY weather for a while now - it has been cold! KY has had the worst, coldest, most snowiest winter since we moved here 5 1/2 years ago. Usually the forsythia is blooming by now and the daffodils are nearly blooming - nothing so far in my yard. I haven't put my boots or down vests away yet! Hope you warm up soon.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 PM

We will reach 57 F with brilliant sunshine here tomorrow. Lots of rain here tonight. Storms indicate T shirt weather (for Jersey guys, it starts at 51 F ) is fast approaching for tomorrow afternoon. How nice.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I've been watching NY weather for a while now - it has been cold! KY has had the worst, coldest, most snowiest winter since we moved here 5 1/2 years ago. Usually the forsythia is blooming by now and the daffodils are nearly blooming - nothing so far in my yard. I haven't put my boots or down vests away yet! Hope you warm up soon.
Catt, I feel your pain. We had four inches of snow last night. It was supposed to get up to over forty today, but still no sun and 38F. It's windy as our 'warm' spell passes through and a colder blast follows. The snowbanks are still four feet high in my driveway. At least the snow is safer to walk on than the three inches of ice under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
We will reach 57 F with brilliant sunshine here tomorrow. Lots of rain here tonight. Storms indicate T shirt weather (for Jersey guys, it starts at 51 F ) is fast approaching for tomorrow afternoon. How nice.
Eek, isn't it going to get colder Adi? How are your ducks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty