Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 11:10 PM

14 posts, read 10,700 times

Advertisements

i did but i deactivated it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Well after reading through the thread and seeing that theres an exemption i'll go ahead and claim LGBT status.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 AM

14 posts, read 10,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Well after reading through the thread and seeing that theres an exemption i'll go ahead and claim LGBT status.
lol

i wont

Old 03-23-2014, 09:16 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Pretty please with sugar on top

Look. I'm all for people doing what they need to to make themselves feel better, but dammitt I am so over this surge of feminization that is happening to some of the STRAIGHT men out here. There used to be a time when men were dirty, bald, too damn quiet etc. Now their catty, buying Remi hair, and sitting next to me at the nail salon asking for french tips http://ionehellobeautiful.files.word...2-41-38-pm.png.....I CAN'T!! Am I alone in feeling this way?!

(LGBT members exempt)
Well I'm a dude so my insight.

If you look at from our point of view, women tend to let their guard down and talk to men who dress like that aka clean cut. It is easier for them I suppose since the male looks professional which exudes confidence. Now, if that same guy was dirty, bald, too damn quiet etc. and tries to talk to the same woman he gets:

Slob
Is he talking to me
Ignore
You do not exist
etc.

So it works both ways and yes imo I rather be a slob, wear cheap casual clothes, and grow a beard than be shaven and dress in a suit all day. Anyways I think you click the link below:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=metrosexual

Last edited by MilksFavoriteCookie; 03-23-2014 at 09:25 AM..

Old 03-23-2014, 10:03 AM

20 posts, read 54,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Pretty please with sugar on top

Look. I'm all for people doing what they need to to make themselves feel better, but dammitt I am so over this surge of feminization that is happening to some of the STRAIGHT men out here. There used to be a time when men were dirty, bald, too damn quiet etc. Now their catty, buying Remi hair, and sitting next to me at the nail salon asking for french tips http://ionehellobeautiful.files.word...2-41-38-pm.png.....I CAN'T!! Am I alone in feeling this way?!

(LGBT members exempt)
Can you IMAGINE the uproar if man said the reverse about women?!
What if a man said that he was sick and tired of women who are handy with tools or fixing things, women who like to hunt, fish or follow their favorite sports team?

We live in a society where women are applauded and encouraged to act in traditionally masculine ways but if a man dares to act in a traditionally feminine way, he is derided for it.

So, unless you are a hypocrite, OP, you should feel the same way about women taking on traditionally male pursuits as well!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM

18 posts, read 29,400 times
I quote Mark. And those women would be right.
So I'm right as well if assess my right to care about style (personally without obsession), groom more or less depending on how I feel about it. Varying and experimenting with my look, in short.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3455 View Post
Can you IMAGINE the uproar if man said the reverse about women?!
What if a man said that he was sick and tired of women who are handy with tools or fixing things, women who like to hunt, fish or follow their favorite sports team?

We live in a society where women are applauded and encouraged to act in traditionally masculine ways but if a man dares to act in a traditionally feminine way, he is derided for it.

So, unless you are a hypocrite, OP, you should feel the same way about women taking on traditionally male pursuits as well!
Interesting observation, Now that you mention traditional roles and expectations I have one for you the women who go to the barber shop for a haircut instead of going to.the hair salon and all the men have to sit there and deal with the situation when one of the reasons they go to the barber shop is precisely to get away from all the women gossip of the hair salon.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:09 PM

In my barber shop it's full of gossip journals .
Edit, which I really don't like, anyway, to make it clear.

Last edited by Antome; 03-23-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 02:16 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
I think that its basically even with all the "Im Miss Independent" that women spout these days, deep down inside they all want some big strong protector to take care of them. Hence the animosity towards any man who has a softer side.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think that its basically even with all the "Im Miss Independent" that women spout these days, deep down inside they all want some big strong protector to take care of them. Hence the animosity towards any man who has a softer side.
Damn, I hope not all of them.
Well I'm sure not all, but there is the phenomena you talk about, and it really sucks they way in which they express it, those who do, because it's so hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty