Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:48 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,790,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think that its basically even with all the "Im Miss Independent" that women spout these days, deep down inside they all want some big strong protector to take care of them. Hence the animosity towards any man who has a softer side.
Yeah, you might be right when it comes to this, and if so, then that's a shame considering that I myself want a woman/wife to protect me, rather than the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 04:54 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Pretty please with sugar on top

Look. I'm all for people doing what they need to to make themselves feel better, but dammitt I am so over this surge of feminization that is happening to some of the STRAIGHT men out here. There used to be a time when men were dirty, bald, too damn quiet etc. Now their catty, buying Remi hair, and sitting next to me at the nail salon asking for french tips http://ionehellobeautiful.files.word...2-41-38-pm.png.....I CAN'T!! Am I alone in feeling this way?!

(LGBT members exempt)
This is the most ghetto thread ever. What does "buy gossip" mean? And Snoop Dogg is hardly the epitome of manhood in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Yeah, you might be right when it comes to this, and if so, then that's a shame considering that I myself want a woman/wife to protect me, rather than the other way around.
That is sad....really.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
i think the OP meant listen to or "buy into" gossip.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:58 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,245 times
Ghetto? Is that a bad thing? Or simply YOUR bourgeois contribution to the thread?

BTW I agree with the Snoop Dogg assertion however, YOU won't tell him he is any less man than any OTHER man in America. Hence the need for this thread to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This is the most ghetto thread ever. What does "buy gossip" mean? And Snoop Dogg is hardly the epitome of manhood in America.

That is sad....really.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:08 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Ghetto? Is that a bad thing? Or simply YOUR bourgeois contribution to the thread?

BTW I agree with the Snoop Dogg assertion however, YOU won't tell him he is any less man than any OTHER man in America. Hence the need for this thread to begin with.
Yes, ghetto. My opinion. Just as your attempted bourgeois insult is yours.

I have never heard of men wearing weaves or getting nails before. And when I clicked on the link, I see a picture of a celebrity, who are quite different than the rest of us. Do you know any regular guys who do this?

This thread makes no sense.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:22 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,245 times
Sadly, yes ! and it's been confirmed MANY times in this thread.

Quote:
Do you know any regular guys who do this?

Old 03-23-2014, 06:26 PM

We didnt confirm that they do it, but rather that we dont care if they do.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 PM

69 posts, read 138,213 times
I've never met a straight man with any kind of fake nails on.
I know professional men who get manicures, which I personally don't mind because if you work in an office environment and deal with a certain set of people, you don't want them shaking your rough hands or seeing your dirty nails.

I also don't know any straight men who wear extensions, outside of hollywood.
I know straight men in the regular world who have done hairpieces or hairplugs to cover up balding or receding hair lines, but I've never met a straight man rocking 18 inch remy.

I do notice some straight men wearing makeup items (concealer, foundation, etc.) or doing what I would consider to be excessive hair grooming, but since I don't find that attractive, I just don't pursue them romantically.

If it makes them happy and they aren't hurting anyone, I don't see any reason for them to stop. There are enough men not doing those things for you to date or spend time with, so why do you care.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbutterfly View Post
i do notice some straight men wearing makeup items (concealer, foundation, etc.) or doing what i would consider to be excessive hair grooming, but since i don't find that attractive, i just don't pursue them romantically.
this!

Old 03-23-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Just to let you and any others coming in here know that theres always threads like this here in the fashion forum. Why arent men more masculine, Why dont men dress their age, Why dont women over 40 dress more matronly, Why do people wear shorts, I hate this, I hate that, waah waaah waah...its constantly the same stuff asked and said just in a different way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty