Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,122,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think that places like Payless are basically for people shopping within their means. Sure a $200 pair of shoes may last forever but when your budget only allows $35 for shoes then you do what you have to.
I have seen sandals that cost several hundred dollars and for what? A couple of thin straps sewn onto a skinny piece of whatever. How much leather is that? Probably will last longer than something bought at Payless, but maybe by next season that particular style will be old looking. Designer brands will price their wares at 200% (maybe more, most likely more!) markup and there will be people willing to shell out hundreds for those sandals. I don't know if people buy for the brand prestige or because they really love how the sandal looks or appreciate the quality. I remember in the 70s, 80s,Gloria Vanderbilt made those pastel colored jeans and those "polo" type tops to match. I am not discounting Gloria V.'s talents (she has many besides being a designer) but those clothes look hideous today. Everyone was buying them back then because they had "GV" on the backside and on the tops and the swan emblems. They look even hideous back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 10:19 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,087,136 times
if it does not hurt your feet we wont sell it to you.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:33 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,395,088 times
Honestly I bought them once and thought they were shiate, so now I would wait until the sporting goods store has closeout mens dress shoes and buy there, same price and I get quality.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:22 AM

12,278 posts, read 7,985,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
What do you think of the quality? Do you think they are fair in comfort, style, durability etc. for their price?
The quality extremely poor. I used to say go there if on a budget and you needed shoes for a one time wear at a formal event. The type that you are not likely ever to wear again. But then the last time I went those styles were all rubber soled if they were available at all as everything I saw was cheap casual wear. And with those types you could match the price at the many national chain stores which sell last year's models of branded clothes.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM

52,574 posts, read 47,711,637 times
I've tried them once a number of years ago. The selection wasn't good at all, and the product I got was not worth the price. Never again.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,858,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmc66 View Post
They are cheaply made. I haven't bought a pair of shoes there in years. I can never find anything in my size that I like.
This. I have narrow feet, and they seem to only have wides now. I find nice shoes at Sears, Kohl's, or DSW. Besides, the quality is so poor, I'd rather pay more to have shoes that last.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,224,920 times
You only get one pair of feet and I refuse to skimp on shoes! NO to Payless.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:17 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,696,368 times
Eek I would not be caught in there dead or alive. Tacky. Cheap.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:27 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,721,715 times
I just bought a pair of black dress flats to wear to a wedding. They are nice shoes...nothing fancy. They served their purpose. I wore them to the wedding. I would not wear them daily (mostly cuz I don't wear dress shoes daily!)

Years ago, my son bought his non-slip sole required shoes at payless for his job. The shoes served their purpose, although he did insert some gelling insoles because the support for being on his feet all shift just was not there. He bought his dress shoes for his job interviews at a regular high end shoe store ... he said the comfort of the dress shoes was amazing!

Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,769,922 times
Payless doesn't make shoes, and the shoes they sale can be found at places like Walmart- so that means their shoes are crappy as well. If they have the style shoe I like, I buy it. I wear size 15, and not enough shoe companies make that size(because they're stupid), especially in the stylea I like. The other day I bought me a pair of dexters that have that skate shoe/all star look to them, two weeks ago I got a similar looking pair of air walks. My only issue is most of the shoes are low top, but I figure it's a fair trade off, when most of the time the only people with a wide variety of 15s are Nike, Timberland, Dickies, and Reebok. I wish these companies would get the picture that 15 is becoming more and more average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty