Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:46 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Here is a link for you:

Study Finds Women's Sexuality Fluid, More Apt To Be Bi Over Time | Lez Get Real

Note: I suppose that there is a possibility that females are simply more open in regards to exploring their sexuality than males are.
Yeah I've read studies like that. I'm not a woman so I don't know quite how female attraction works, but it's always seemed a bit alien in some ways...I mean in nature females often seem disinterested in males or sex in general (well and in humans) but of course that's not always true. In some instances the female will often take the initiative. Anyway yeah, the human brain is complex, and I think psychology is a complex interaction of biology and environment. Do not underestimate the pervasive influence of one's environment. All I'm saying is in terms of statistics until recently it seems male bisexuality was quite a bit more prevalent. Studies among animals generally agree with this too. Not that female bisexuality is that rare or absent, but seems considerably less documented. Whatever women may be thinking or feeling that's what seems to be the case in practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:09 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
It all depends on perception and what is considered "feminine"! I consider these men to be handsome.

Tribal Beauty Pageant -- for Men - YouTube

Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
and that's the bottom line!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
And, based on what I said in the above examples, what if that personal happiness is at the expense of another? Still okay? People need to be honest with themselves first, before they engage another, waste their time and/or deceive them. No honor or compassion in that.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 AM

And will be the first ones claiming "I had no idea"....after the fact. Men fighting so hard to exude femininity are fighting their own inner demons and it's a real struggle I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
The issue isn't that those men are "feminine"...it's that they aren't comfortable in their own skin. That's what really kills others' attraction to them. Furthermore, the women who are grossly bothered by men like that aren't comfortable in their own skin either. Confident men don't get hung up on masculine/feminine labels nor hung up on what people find attractive. They have their own style and do their own thing and are happy with that. They understand that some people will like them and some will dislike them no matter what they do or how they look/act...and they aren't fazed by that. Plenty of women will find those types of guys attractive, even if their looks, dress or interests aren't traditionally "masculine".

Last edited by Bjones1976; 04-02-2014 at 04:59 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 04:47 AM

This should be a thread in it and of itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Either way, I think we're mostly straight but with the potential to be situationally homosexual (e.g. if the OS isn't available and we just need to relieve that drive).

Old 04-04-2014, 03:20 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
And will be the first ones claiming "I had no idea"....after the fact. Men fighting so hard to exude femininity are fighting their own inner demons and it's a real struggle I'm sure.
Well, men can be hairless and whatnot and still be macho. After all, these two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:42 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Since I'm not a woman I really cannot understand why one would want an effeminate man. If that is truely the case what would be the difference than having a mascueline woman except the plumbing?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
For instance if there's a thread about men removing body hair, wearing makeup, caring about fashion, about their body in general, many women seem disdainful and judgemental about it.

I mean ask yourself, who made these things 'feminine' to begin with? Human society did, there's nothing innately feminine about that. In some cultures it is actually men who wear makeup, and in the animal world it's usually males who are the more eye-catching, colourful, 'pretty' gender (think peacocks.etc).

I think there are too many men who buy into the idea that fashion and appearances and looking beautiful is a female domain. This restricted 1950s view of the world will change one day, everything changes. I guess I feel women here at least seem very conservative in terms of their idea of male beauty. Basically men should be 'men' with the very narrow man-made definition.
"men" wearing makeup are not men

Old 04-05-2014, 09:49 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,252 times
Quote:
For instance if there's a thread about men removing body hair, wearing makeup, caring about fashion, about their body in general, many women seem disdainful and judgemental about it.

I mean ask yourself, who made these things 'feminine' to begin with? Human society did, there's nothing innately feminine about that. In some cultures it is actually men who wear makeup, and in the animal world it's usually males who are the more eye-catching, colourful, 'pretty' gender (think peacocks.etc).

I think there are too many men who buy into the idea that fashion and appearances and looking beautiful is a female domain. This restricted 1950s view of the world will change one day, everything changes. I guess I feel women here at least seem very conservative in terms of their idea of male beauty. Basically men should be 'men' with the very narrow man-made definition.
The fact that a woman is or is not attracted to a feminine man has nothing to do with "fashion and appearances and looking beautiful" being a female domain. It's not for you to tell a woman what is attractive to her, just as it's not for a woman to tell men what is attractive to us. If a woman wanted to tell me I can't be attracted to big breasts, I'll just laugh and tell her to get lost. Similarly, if a woman wants to be attracted to a hairy guy, that's her business.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
"men" wearing makeup are not men
Lol, whatever you say he-man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty