Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

if fat hangs over the waistband back front or sides. I definitely think Im fat. its not the size of the person its how it all hangs and where on the body..... to make it look proportional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
I don't think you can pinpoint any universal criterion that could be used to label a woman "fat". There are so many variables that factor into it. For me, if there are visible rolls, then she's fat. Back fat = fat Cottage cheese thighs = fat. You get the idea....

In my opinion, most women who refer to themselves as "curvy" these days are actually fat.

As for MM....in the pics that were posted, I don't think she was really fat, but definitely out of shape or chubby.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:27 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I don't think you can pinpoint any universal criterion that could be used to label a woman "fat". There are so many variables that factor into it. For me, if there are visible rolls, then she's fat. Back fat = fat Cottage cheese thighs = fat. You get the idea....

In my opinion, most women who refer to themselves as "curvy" these days are actually fat.

As for MM....in the pics that were posted, I don't think she was really fat, but definitely out of shape or chubby.
I agree with this post. Well said and so very true.

Marilyn had an outstanding body. Looks like her weight fluctuated a bit here and there, but for the most part, her body was great. Its only a few pics that seem to surface of her in her "overweight" years when people online like to use them and say "Oh Marilyn was xxxlbs and not a skinny.....". Im always like "whatev".

Marilyn Monroe was one of the most beautiful women ever. I came to this conclusion after seeing the HBO special on her life last year. WOW!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DG0cVUd0pI

Old 03-31-2014, 09:44 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
When you can pinch more than an inch and it isn't muscle you are pinching! That is fat.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradleyc View Post
Anything beyond the 0.70 Waist To Hip ratio would be where fat begins.

Otherwise it depends on how much she works out. Back in the 50's and 60's women didn't work out. It wasn't considered feminine. Now it is.

I like a nice body, but I prefer a pretty mind.
Waist to hip ratio doesn't necessarily correlate with being fat.

A narrow hipped slender woman could have a higher waist to hip ratio than a slightly overweight pear shaped woman.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
For me is is whatever criterion (charts, BMI etc.), my doctor would use to label me as overweight.

I know that I(and other women) could still be in my healthy BMI range and in the ideal body weight range category according to the doctor's charts, but still be considered fat according to others.

So there are cosmetic definitions of fat and then what is medically acceptable.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
What is this obsession with Marylin Monroe?

Old 03-31-2014, 11:43 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I don't get it either tbh. Her body is not attractive to me... I think she has a pretty face but I've never understood the fascination with her body. I compare her honestly to Kate Upton body wise and look wise... Both cute faces but their bodies are similar with pudge in the stomach area, skinny-fat legs, and no butt orwhat looks to be a distinguished WHR. Neither are fat to me but I don't find their bodies very appealing to the eye. I'm not into the super fit body builder look that more women have adapted these days, or the plus-size(curvy) look, super skinny look, or skinny fat look either but I think a nice balance of muscle, and fat, and toned shapely legs, butt, etc on any body shape is more pleasing to the eye to me...MM would look better IMO if she were more toned and had a bit more muscle.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM

474 posts, read 905,324 times
I don't think MM is fat. But she is certainly not slim.

My definition of "fat" is flabby. I'd say MM is a bit soft, definitely no fitness at all.

Kim K. is fat. She has been non-fat at times, but she is an example to me of a woman that wants to be called curvy instead of fat.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
I don't think MM is fat. But she is certainly not slim.

My definition of "fat" is flabby. I'd say MM is a bit soft, definitely no fitness at all.

Kim K. is fat. She has been non-fat at times, but she is an example to me of a woman that wants to be called curvy instead of fat.
Mm looks flabby in that picture though... Her legs do definitely. Her legs and softness resemble kim's. the only difference is mm has no azz but kim has too much azz lol. kim also has a more distinguished WHR. but both of them imo are equally out of shape. i dont think mm is curvy at all and have always scratched my head when people say that. Where are her curves exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty