Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,140 times

Advertisements

I am a full time working mom of a toddler. I havent been sleeping well since 3 years (since the time I fell pregnant in early 2011). Even today my toddler doesnt sleep well. I look like I am 50. I am only in early 30's. There are so many revitalizing creams/lotions out there. Can someone suggest something mild but which will still help my skin look fresh?

I do this cleansing/toning/moisturizing routine with Clinic products which arent really doing much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 12:25 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
The best way to get healthy looking skin is to try to get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and veggies. You will notice results quickly.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:25 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Do you have wrinkles and crow's feet lines? If so, Olay's Night Cream for MAture Skin is amazing. It took all of mine away. Of course, I am much older than you, but lack of sleep can cause wrinkles. I use all Olay products b/c in a Consumer Reports test, they came out either #1, 2 or 3 in all categories.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
The best way to get healthy looking skin is to try to get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and veggies. You will notice results quickly.
Plenty of sleep? That truly sounds like a joke to me in my current sleep deprived state. I am drinking plenty of water and eating healthy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Do you have wrinkles and crow's feet lines? If so, Olay's Night Cream for MAture Skin is amazing. It took all of mine away. Of course, I am much older than you, but lack of sleep can cause wrinkles. I use all Olay products b/c in a Consumer Reports test, they came out either #1, 2 or 3 in all categories.
I dont have wrinkles and crow-feet but have really bad under-eye dark circles. If I dont cover up with light make-up, its very evident that I am sick or something, which I am not. I am just tired which is showing on my face.
Since 3 years, when i close my eyes, you can see a dark shade. I generally cover it up with little eye shadow but I am afraid of using make up every single day. I should be abe to fix the problem instead of covering up.

Clinic products worked good for me but the week i stop, the darkness begins again...and clinic isnt cheap .

Face looks so dull. I tried the home facials, herbal facials etc but I am unable to keep up. Whats happening to my skin?!

Old 04-01-2014, 02:24 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,969 times
My suggestion is invest in good (not outrageous) products and book a nice facial and massage each month with someone who really knows what theyre doing. Spending money on good advice saves throwing away mistaken purchases . Tons of water. Rhonda Allison products have been the ones that worked for me.

I don't know where you are but boy I have an awesome esthetician in Phoenix

Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Get a clairsonic. It has really improved my skin. I alternate cleansers often but my skin is brighter when I use it and looks dull when I don't. Good use of $100. Makes my regular cleansers work better.

I also started using origins brighter by nature peel/exfoliating pads. It really helps with the dark spots and brightening.

I also use a serum, boots protect and renew from target.

Good luck, this combo has done wonders for me me for dealing with unevenness and large pores. Still looking for the perfect eye cream but my skin is approaching 20s level clarity these days, even though I just started getting acne in my 30s.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:41 PM

392 posts, read 919,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Plenty of sleep? That truly sounds like a joke to me in my current sleep deprived state. I am drinking plenty of water and eating healthy though.

I dont have wrinkles and crow-feet but have really bad under-eye dark circles. If I dont cover up with light make-up, its very evident that I am sick or something, which I am not. I am just tired which is showing on my face.
Since 3 years, when i close my eyes, you can see a dark shade. I generally cover it up with little eye shadow but I am afraid of using make up every single day. I should be abe to fix the problem instead of covering up.

Clinic products worked good for me but the week i stop, the darkness begins again...and clinic isnt cheap .

Face looks so dull. I tried the home facials, herbal facials etc but I am unable to keep up. Whats happening to my skin?!
Yes, plenty of sleep. It's not a joke. No need to get defensive. I am sure it is not what you wanted to hear, but non the less the lack of sleep should be addressed first. Otherwise spending money on creams and procedures will be money waisted. It doesn't mean they don't help in general, but it will be a waisted effort if you don't get enough sleep. Read parenting forums, look into before bed routine for yourself and for your child. By 3 years children should be sleeping well on their own, and if they are not - look for any possible problems and their solutions. (for reference - I have 3 kids.).
Recent studies also have shown, that lack of sleep makes us crave junk food, even if you don't generally like it, and your mood is not the best, your energy level is down when you are constantly sleep deprived. Which in turn reflects on all aspects of life. Find a way to fix that first.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM

466 posts, read 581,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I am a full time working mom of a toddler. I havent been sleeping well since 3 years (since the time I fell pregnant in early 2011). Even today my toddler doesnt sleep well. I look like I am 50. I am only in early 30's. There are so many revitalizing creams/lotions out there. Can someone suggest something mild but which will still help my skin look fresh?
I do this cleansing/toning/moisturizing routine with Clinic products which arent really doing much.
Maila, I am a grandmother. May I ask why your toddler is so hyper active? What does he eat and drink? One of my grandchildren was really hyper when he was a toddler and his mum found out that when he went to playschool he was stealing a Red Bull from he friend's bag! The minute this was stopped he cooled down and his sleep pattern and eating pattern also settled. Just a thought.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:53 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Do you have good circulation and do you get cardiovascular exercise?

My dark circles are much improved after regular cardiovascular!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:04 AM

301 posts, read 823,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaram View Post
Yes, plenty of sleep. It's not a joke. No need to get defensive. I am sure it is not what you wanted to hear, but non the less the lack of sleep should be addressed first. Otherwise spending money on creams and procedures will be money waisted. It doesn't mean they don't help in general, but it will be a waisted effort if you don't get enough sleep. Read parenting forums, look into before bed routine for yourself and for your child. By 3 years children should be sleeping well on their own, and if they are not - look for any possible problems and their solutions. (for reference - I have 3 kids.).
Recent studies also have shown, that lack of sleep makes us crave junk food, even if you don't generally like it, and your mood is not the best, your energy level is down when you are constantly sleep deprived. Which in turn reflects on all aspects of life. Find a way to fix that first.
Best advice! You need to first address the sleep issue. Looking for a magic cream or lotion is like putting a Band-Aid on a heart attack - assuming they would even work at all. I've a bunch of kids and they need their sleep, too. A 3 yr. old is able to sleep through the night unless there is an underlying factor. As a busy working mom lack of sleep can also affect your health and well-being in other areas besides your complexion - you deserve better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty