Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I am always on a quest for the perfect purse (and have yet to find it). Mine holds:

Small money pouch.
ID and card holder.
Reading glasses (and sunglasses during summer).
Makeup bag (which also holds a contact case, old aspirin tin holding Advil, eye drops, vitamins, etc.)
Planner pocketbook.
"Knobber" (muscle acupressure).
Handkerchief.
Bus schedules for several routes.
Small bottles of a week's worth of meds, plus a small bottle of nitroglycerin.
Cell phone.
Ink pen.
On trips (depending where I go) I often include a stun gun and camera.

Not always but I usually opt for purses with long adjustable straps that I can change to a "fanny-pack". I don't like big tote bags as a purse because I don't like to dig for things. My purses can get a bit heavy.

Purses are not a fashion statement for me.
You should check out purses at Kohls. Many purses these days (that I find there), have separate compartments to them, making it breezy keeping things separate and knowing which compartment to go to for what. My current purse has 3 compartments, and a new one I just bought has 5! While they're mostly all shoulder hanging purses, though; the one I just bought had an adaption of a long strong to hang it across the body if I wanted. I'm picky about purses too; I really only find one I like about once a year, if even. Having a practical purse, does not mean, having an ugly purse, or having to spend $$$. (Most purses i buy are $40 or less, after Kohls discounts).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I generally have one bag for daywear that I replace every 3-4 seasons.
I do this, too. I know some women collect bags and switch them out depending on what they wear, but I generally have one day bag that I carry forever (until I get tired of it,) and then I get a new one. I don't really care about being completely trendy--half the time I end up getting a "last season" bag at someplace like Marshall's. Right now I'm carrying a green Tignanello satchel that I got at TJ Maxx.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:28 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Thank you ladies for your participation, I was getting a little dissapointed because there were only 2 replies but at least there are a few more, now one thing I have noticed ladies is that nobody has yet to say that they use a purse as a weapon as well, I have never been hit with one but I'm pretty sure it would make an effective weapon, anyway let's keep going.
Yeah -- they are. Growing up, the boys next door to us bullied my oldest sister at the bus stop all the time. This angered my middle sister. She was tiny curlied hair innocent looking she devil. Still is. She took a large dictionary, shoved it in her purse, and when the bullied started, my sister swung her purse rather like a medieval mace -- you know -- those sticks with the metal spikey balls?

She beat the crap out of those boys.

I carry small purses -- actually more like a wallet with a strap. I carry very little, and in fact did for a while carry nothing but a wallet in my back pocket. That caused some back issues. In certain circumstances I still prefer to carry a simple wallet. Day to day, a purse is easier.

I no longer like black -- I find it aging, so I don't wear it at all -- and as such black purses and shoes don't fit color wise. I go with brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty