U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 PM

23,128 posts, read 22,186,271 times

Advertisements

I read one time on ebay that some people use Tommy Bahama brand shirts for this purpose. The shirts are loud (distracting) and run large and baggy. That's all I know about it.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:01 PM

11,075 posts, read 12,108,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I have no problems in this category, since I've never owned a gun. Where do you people go that you think you might need to kill someone? Drug deals? Back alleys in a ghetto? Terrorist training camps?
This display of ignorance is even more astounding considering the shooting that took place on Fort Hood just a couple days ago. I guess Denverian doesn't watch the news. Military bases are supposed to be secure, right? Yet we now have another major shooting at Fort Hood to go with the Navy Yard shooting last year and the Norfolk pier shooting just last month.

BTW: Military bases, despite often having a high concentration of government owned fire power, are more or less "gun free zones." All loaded weapons in and around a base are either duty weapons or in the middle of a training exercise. Get caught with your otherwise legal carry weapon on a base and you are looking at a court martial. Perhaps it is time the DoD rethink its own anti-carry policies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 PM

11,882 posts, read 12,227,841 times
Quote:
I have no problems in this category, since I've never owned a gun. Where do you people go that you think you might need to kill someone? Drug deals? Back alleys in a ghetto? Terrorist training camps?
Innocents who are genuinely lost in Newark or Camden get badly hurt or even killed by thugs due to lack of concealed carry and corrupt cops .

Old 04-04-2014, 11:28 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,526,132 times
Quote:
I'm assuming you never buckle your seat belt, lock your front door, or look to the sides and behind you when walking in a parking lot; because if you do, you must be a paranoid freak.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:52 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,373,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
What is everyone wearing to carry their handgun and keep it well hidden?
Jeans are one size bigger... allows the nice placement of an IWB holster. Same with shorts, dress pants, etc. But it's decidedly easier for a man to get away with it

Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,550,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Have you lived in NY or NJ ?

In New Jersey, its very difficult to get a concealed carry permit. Those who have it are typically cops or people who retired from the armed forces. Fact is that its nearly impossible and not worth ones time to go through the process of obtaining a permit.

Basically, we have the lowest gun ownership within US. I don't want to say more, as it will lead to unwanted political bickering.

States with the most guns - The Daily Beast

Spoiler
God pray one doesn't get stuck in Camden
Don't confuse correctly with legally.

Concealed correctly means properly concealed, it doesn't matter where you are or what others think.

But no, I've never had to live in NY or NJ.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,751,531 times
Quote:
I live in a major city, and feel no need to carry a weapon. If I felt like my community was that dangerouse, I'd move I just don't understand the paranoia of those who feel then need a gun in their pocket at all times. I understand if you live in some remote area where there is no police protection and wild animals. but that's about it.

Almost any large city meets that description. Police are NEVER there as the crime happens. If they aren't there as the crime is happening so they can intervene, then it doesn't matter if they are 5 minutes or 5 hours away. And the upright walking wild animals are abundant and very dangerous. better move.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 PM

11,882 posts, read 12,227,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Don't confuse correctly with legally.

Concealed correctly means properly concealed, it doesn't matter where you are or what others think.

But no, I've never had to live in NY or NJ.
Here is a story of a West Virginia woman getting arrested for firearms in NJ:

Cops Arrest West Virginia Woman with Gun, Knife, Ammo in Tow - Police & Fire - Mahwah, NJ Patch

I am not happy about this stuff (Arresting the innocent ). But these situations happen quite often to out of state drivers who concealed carry. If you are driving through NY or NJ, its better to leave your guns at home or find an alternate route around both states.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM

330 posts, read 200,201 times
I carry a purse with a zippered middle compartment big enough for a small revolver. My husband uses a pocket holster (might be this exact one) for the .38 he carries. When he's standing it's not noticeable at all; when he sits you can see there's something in his pocket but the print is smooth.

Of course, half the people in this town open carry everywhere anyway, so total concealment isn't such an issue. :-)

Old 04-05-2014, 04:06 PM

15,085 posts, read 12,826,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It's a right that some of us , like my wife and I choose to use. Some don't use it..the choice is up to each individual. It would be great to live in a land with no crime, full of lollipops and unicorns...sadly I don't live there.
I do. I can't imagine carrying a gun around with me.
I DO have rifles and shotguns up at the cottage. Bears, you know......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty