U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM

7,285 posts, read 14,580,026 times

Advertisements

I'm a small guy and I make a lot of effort to be in good shape, so I like to dress in clothes that fit well. Basically, about the only thing that I can manage to conceal is a .380 inside the waistband. Those pocket holsters are OK too. I have a couple of holsters. One goes in the small of my back, another in front. Anything larger than one of my little .380s is totally useless because they show up.

Since I don't really carry that much except always in the car or when in out in the back country, my day pack usually does the carrying for me. It has a .380 of its own in a side pocket.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM

35,104 posts, read 44,356,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
What is everyone wearing to carry their handgun and keep it well hidden?
Regular clothes, holster (locked), firearm (locked), and it's a secret where I put it.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:57 PM

16,241 posts, read 8,132,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I do. I can't imagine carrying a gun around with me.
I DO have rifles and shotguns up at the cottage. Bears, you know......
Really now? Wasn't there a mall that was shot up near you a year or two ago? I know it's hard to believe isn't it? Since handguns are illegal in your country and all.
Good for you having firearms at your cottage for the bears. I carry for protection ...thugs, you know....

Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM

6,232 posts, read 6,822,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Regular clothes, holster (locked), firearm (locked), and it's a secret where I put it.
But can you still access it easily if you needed to?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:25 PM

36,764 posts, read 12,228,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I have no problems in this category, since I've never owned a gun. Where do you people go that you think you might need to kill someone? Drug deals? Back alleys in a ghetto? Terrorist training camps?

Was the above post supposed to be funny, because it is.

You might want to check the paper or online accounts of crimes, and you'll see that plenty of victims have, in fact, been innocent victims who were accosted in their own homes, in cars, etc. Un-believable.

And s/he votes.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:46 PM

428 posts, read 431,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I don't own a gun but I always thought a bra holster would be nice: Flashbang Bra Holster
Nifty, but can you imagine the boob sweat on that holster?

I lived in Detroit for decades without ever feeling the need to carry a gun. I could imagine wanting one if I lived in some rural place with big wild animals.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 PM

16,241 posts, read 8,132,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
Nifty, but can you imagine the boob sweat on that holster?

I lived in Detroit for decades without ever feeling the need to carry a gun. I could imagine wanting one if I lived in some rural place with big wild animals.
Have you seen the news lately about the D ? 90% of the new stories are about shootings, car jackings, home invasions etc... how grand it is to be either mis informed, or clueless or just don't care.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:33 PM

428 posts, read 431,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Have you seen the news lately about the D ? 90% of the new stories are about shootings, car jackings, home invasions etc... how grand it is to be either mis informed, or clueless or just don't care.
A gun isn't the only way to protect yourself. And Detroit isn't only what you read in the news.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:01 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,651,182 times
The chief of police has requested the citizens of Detroit to purchase firearms to protect themselves. He continued that with the decrease in LEO's, response time to a 911 call can be 30-60 mins even for a life threatening criminal activity.

I have seen him on national news twice now.

The Detroit city attorneys have also said that they would give the benefit of the doubts to the victim if they have to use deadly force in a life threatening event.

If the citizens of Detroit don't understand the obvious dangers, it would not be the fault of the city government.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:44 AM

132 posts, read 103,678 times
Hoodies make the ultimate cover-up when it's cooler. When it's hot, just a tad longer, looser fitting untucked t-shirt. Nothing ever fancy about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty