U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:17 AM

16,433 posts, read 8,197,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
A gun isn't the only way to protect yourself.(no kidding, not getting into a situation is the best way , but it's not always your choice. I choose to use every tool I legally can to protect myself and my family. I hope never to have to use it though. ) And Detroit isn't only what you read in the news. (you are correct, Harper Woods, East Pointe, St Clair Shores, Clinton Twp. and many other local areas are having major issues as well. )
It's all good, you feel safe everywhere you go and hopefully nothing ever happens to you. I choose to arm myself, my wife also chooses to arm herself. We deal with these things differently, I don't look down on your choices unless you call me out on mine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 AM

35,172 posts, read 22,655,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
What is everyone wearing to carry their handgun and keep it well hidden?
What I really want to do is this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3vCD6YI2tFI/0.jpg

But I am not a drama queen

Found something on the internet, might help you a bit

http://media.tumblr.com/0cd67302b8bb...bLT1qz4rgp.jpg

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/w...ns-354x200.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4TwNhZa5Wv...led-WEAPON.jpg

Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 PM

6,232 posts, read 6,849,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some are hidden much better than others!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM

5,420 posts, read 8,347,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'll never understand. Do you keep it loaded? I mean, it would have to be wouldn't it?

One of my children can't kill someone with a fire extenguisher. With a loaded gun in the house, they could. If I keep a loaded gun in my house or on me at all times, I know the odds are much higher that that gun will be used against me than some random person breaking down my door and shooting at me or being randomly shot at in public. I use common sense and am aware of my surroundings. I don't do illegal things or hang out with shady people or do drugs. The odds of me needing to shoot and kill someone are so minimal that it's not worth the risk of owning a gun.

I served in the military and can clean an M-16 blindfolded. I'm not afraid of guns, but I'll never understand the "gun culture" people in this country.

But you may have a point about Papa Johns

Sometimes trouble finds YOU.

Not guilty in fire extinguisher murder trial
Accidental fire extinguisher death
Accidental fire extinguisher death
Man beats ex wife to death with fire extinguisher
Old but relevant

I feel like this thread would probably be better served in Guns/Hunting, but whatever.

I don't dress around the gun, I simply adapted equipment and position to conceal it. I can still (for the most part) wear fitted clothes and manage to conceal a full size Glock. I don't tuck in shirts, though, and never have- the clothes I wear generally still look quite nice without tucking shirts in (though specialty holsters ARE made for that, if you have to wear something nicer than jeans and a T-shirt or a polo and khakis or something.)

Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,555,449 times
Quote:
If I keep a loaded gun in my house or on me at all times, I know the odds are much higher that that gun will be used against me than some random person breaking down my door and shooting at me or being randomly shot at in public.
Nonsense, my gun(s) will not be used against me. You're doing it wrong.

http://easybakegunclub.com/data/user...ors_vx7fuh.jpg

Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 PM

6,232 posts, read 6,849,945 times
Thanks for the info!

Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,390,160 times
Quote:
I have no problems in this category, since I've never owned a gun. Where do you people go that you think you might need to kill someone? Drug deals? Back alleys in a ghetto? Terrorist training camps?
Well duh, where have you been hiding? People get mugged on the street and attacked in home invasions. People get shot in store robberies. Women get raped on the street or on the way to their cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty