Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
I completely disagree with the bolded part. Maybe that's what the ladies say at Curves, Planet Fitness or the Jazzercise class before bingo. But people who are into healthy eating and working out know better.

I have had many clients that I have personally trained, and have known quite a few women who were able to eliminate their cellulite by EATING right and working out HARD. Maybe you just didn't work out hard enough, or you kept eating a crappy diet.

I CAN be controlled and eliminated with proper eating and diet. I know this from EXPERIENCE with many people, not just from googling and regurgitating random articles written by obese women who are just trying to make themselves feel better.
Explain to me why Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova had cellulite at the height of their tennis days. Along with the myriad of other people who have plenty of resources to stay slim.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:37 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Uh...this one right here. *raising hand*

Heavy lifting AND HIIT. Tabata. I can push over 500 lbs with my legs. I can dead lift more than my body weight. That's more than most women can do.

Do I run on a treadmill or sit my ass on a recumbent bike? Hell no. Do I bliss out on the elliptical while watching Access Hollywood? Uh...no. I don't own a cardio machine nor do I use them at the gym, unless I'm warming up or cooling down...or using the treadmill for FASTASICANGOWITHOUTSLAMMINGINTOTHEWALL sprints. I'd do them outside, but the sidewalks in my neighborhood are a bit of a tripping hazard. Used to have a personal trainer who was a no-nonsense, no-BS, no-excuses former Marine.

At home the only equipment I own is a weight bench. And weights. I don't do sissy Zumba videos or use "toning sticks."

Did I mention I'M A GIRL?

You were saying?

And here's a few more for good measure:

This whole thread is pathetic and disgusting. Seriously. If someone at the gym made fun of my cellulite I'd do jump squats all over their pathetic beer bellies until they threw up.
Well said. You probably would have trampled a few mental midgets who have graced this thread in the last few days. But it won't matter. Someone who has a proper diet and exercise regime and still has cellulite is impossible in the minds of some. Only obese people can have cellulite. Ergo you must be obese.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:07 AM

101 posts, read 200,035 times
Seeing cellulite on others makes me feel better. I think it shows a better attitude.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well said. You probably would have trampled a few mental midgets who have graced this thread in the last few days. But it won't matter. Someone who has a proper diet and exercise regime and still has cellulite is impossible in the minds of some. Only obese people can have cellulite. Ergo you must be obese.
My baggy size 4 jeans beg to differ.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Focusing on human imperfections is a turn-off for me.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Focusing on human imperfections is a turn-off for me.
Well said. I'll add that "imperfections" are relative. They're only imperfections if one chides to consider them as such.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Infusing seeming facts into a barrage of opinions
Cellulite top 10 facts: What causes it and how to prevent it | Metro News

Perhaps major cellulite ("Grade 4") is jarring in some cases because of the unhealthful element - revulsion usually works that way.

Based on the above, I'm going to guess that cellulite on tennis players like Sharapova is due in part to loss of skin elasticity via excess sun exposure.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Geez, Enough talking about stuff one cant control .

Cellulite, I barely notice or care about it. Its your habits that says things regarding your physical health.

I have a BMI of 23.7 with 18 % body fat, yet stretch marks still exist (Male equivalent of cellulite). There is nothing I could do about them, even on exercising regularly and reducing 32 lb's. I just cant put on muscle and get rid of it.

Though the intensity of my workout is nowhere near BigDGeek's (due to obvious reasons regarding cultural differences in diet), its enough to make me feel like I pushed myself well. That's the best I can do to keep myself reasonably toned.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 04-19-2014 at 10:51 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 10:53 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Uh...this one right here. *raising hand*

Heavy lifting AND HIIT. Tabata. I can push over 500 lbs with my legs. I can dead lift more than my body weight. That's more than most women can do.

Do I run on a treadmill or sit my ass on a recumbent bike? Hell no. Do I bliss out on the elliptical while watching Access Hollywood? Uh...no. I don't own a cardio machine nor do I use them at the gym, unless I'm warming up or cooling down...or using the treadmill for FASTASICANGOWITHOUTSLAMMINGINTOTHEWALL sprints. I'd do them outside, but the sidewalks in my neighborhood are a bit of a tripping hazard. Used to have a personal trainer who was a no-nonsense, no-BS, no-excuses former Marine.

At home the only equipment I own is a weight bench. And weights. I don't do sissy Zumba videos or use "toning sticks."

Did I mention I'M A GIRL?

You were saying?

And here's a few more for good measure:

This whole thread is pathetic and disgusting. Seriously. If someone at the gym made fun of my cellulite I'd do jump squats all over their pathetic beer bellies until they threw up.
Hearing your exercise routine, I would not mess with you. That is insanely intense stuff . Good work .

Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Geez, Enough talking about stuff one cant control .

Cellulite, I barely notice or care about it. Its your habits that says things regarding your physical health.

I have a BMI of 23.7 with 18 % body fat, yet stretch marks still exist (Male equivalent of cellulite). There is nothing I could do about them, even on exercising regularly and reducing 32 lb's. I just cant put on muscle and get rid of it.

Though the intensity of my workout is nowhere near BigDGeek's (due to obvious reasons regarding cultural differences in diet), its enough to make me feel like I pushed myself well. That's the best I can do to keep myself reasonably toned.
The fact remains....whether people think it is unavoidable or not, that wasn't the question. It was whether it is a turnoff or not. Most people will agree and have responded in kind that a small amount of cellulite is not really a big deal. Excessive cellulite akin to the picture of the fat woman that was posted earlier is disgusting and for a lot of people IS a turnoff. What bothers some a lot might not be a big deal for others. I don't see why that has to be so offensive to some. Get in where you fit in....if you have a lot of cellulite and you're good with it, then so be it. Why do you even care what others think about it if you've accepted it?

And with that said, I'm off to the gym!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty