Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times

Advertisements

I turned 39 this year and I've noticed a bit of crepiness just beginning on my neck. I put aloe vera on my face and neck at night, and I apply my face moisturizer to my neck as well. But I think my neck needs a little more. I have rosacea and sensitive skin, so I'm careful about what I put on my skin.

Have you used anything that you would recommend?

I looked at the new L'oreal Glow oil today and the ingredients didn't look too bad. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who's used it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 06:28 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
You need to use a product with retinol/retinoid at night and vitamin c serum or cream during the daytime. Both will increase collagen, which will help keep you tight. Clinical studies show the results of both products.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
You need to use a product with retinol/retinoid at night and vitamin c serum or cream during the daytime. Both will increase collagen, which will help keep you tight. Clinical studies show the results of both products.
Do you have a brand/product suggestion?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
I'll be 39 in July, but haven't noticed any loss,of elasticity in my neck skin.

I do, however swear by beef gelatin capsules for regaining ski elasticity overall. I took it to tighten the skin on my midsection after my two pregnancies and it worked like a dream. Though it could also be attributed to a very clean diet and lots of water daily. Do some research and try it. It couldn't hurt.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:36 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
I've also heard vitamin e capsules and evening primrose work well for regaining elasticity and smoothing wrinkles.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Do you have a brand/product suggestion?
I use obagi c serum and prescription retin-a. ( tretinoin is the generic form of retin-a, and both are vitamin a) you can use a retinoid cream over the counter, but they are less effective.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
If you have sensitive skin, you definitely do not want to use products containing retinol. Retinol will only irritate your skin and cause inflammation (wrinkles will actually appear worse when skin is inflamed). Your best bet is to use a product that will provide moisture and keep your skin protected. Rodan + Fields has a dermatologist created product line called Soothe that is clinically proven to improve skin sensitivity, irritation and eczema. Here is the link if you want to check out the ingrediants/clinical studies etc.. https://jillskincare.myrandf.com/Shop/Soothe

Last edited by JDS991; 04-23-2014 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: URL not clickable

Old 04-23-2014, 05:04 PM

I also have rosacea and sensitive skin and I have no issue with a retinoid. In fact my dermatologist put me on both. You build up to using higher strengths. Your neck is probably not as sensitive anyway, if it's like my neck. ( my rosacea is on my nose and cheeks)

Can you see a dermatologist?

Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner reviews - Makeupalley

I use this on my face and neck.
I noticed a huge difference when my bottle ran out, and I didn't replenish for a few weeks.
Cleans the skin, makes it brighter, tighter, and smoother.
I only use it before going to bed, or when I know I'm not going anywhere.
it leaves my face with a residue until I wash it off and apply makeup.
Make sure you get this one and not the RENEWAL solution.
That one felt like a bees nest had fallen on my face. STAY AWAY from that one.
My neck and face improved after just one bottle.
My skin had a Dewey glow and not the krinkling we get when skin ages.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:26 AM

5 posts, read 5,602 times
One of the bad habits that women have when it comes to skin care, is that they forget about the neck area including the decollete. It's not until the neck begins to have a crepy appearance that will mostly show up around the mid 30's, that we get a 'wake up' call.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with a qualified Beauty Therapist/Aesthetician for a facial (check out qualifications) A trained therapist will do a full skin analysis to identify your skin type, taking into consideration that you have rosacea... this is the first and most important step in skin care. The therapist will discuss all aspects of a skin care regime with you including the types of products that are most suitable for your skin type. She will also take into consideration your lifestyle, medications, diet, etc including other factors that affect the skin. All you need is one visit to put you on the right road but, of course, if it's something you wish to repeat as an important part of looking after your skin's needs, then it's your choice.

Rosacea mostly occurs on and around the area of the nose and cheeks. It's important that you fully understand this condition therefore, knowing the do's and dont's. A Beauty therapist studies dermatology which is part of their training and will know how to treat such conditions.

For now though, start each day by cleansing the skin including the neck. Here's a simple daily skin care routine:

Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and Protect. Never use HOT water on your face and do NOT use any kind of SOAP. Warm water with a water soluble cleanser formulated for YOUR skin type is the basis of all skin care regimes. There are a lot of very good cleansers on the market so have a look around. Invest in a good quality cleanser...you'll feel and see the benefits!
Follow through with a toner and moisturizer containing and SPF minimum 15. Consider using a creamy, tissue off cleanser it you'd prefer to not use water.

Shop for a good night cream and use that on your neck daytime as well. At bedtime repeat the process but use a night cream on both face and neck. Also, use a good quality face/neck exfoliator once a week but, do not apply to the areas of rosacea. A weekly face mask is essential too.

Do NOT forget the neck or, the eye area!!! Best of luck.

Grace, ITEC & CIBTAC qualified Aesthetician
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty