Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you pick?
ugly and wealthy 73 68.22%
gorgeous and broke 34 31.78%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:50 PM

781 posts, read 736,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
And to **** you off, I'll buy your house since you will be too poor to own it outright, then I'll evict you and burn the place down just because I can.
Don't forget to open a chain of S**t A** Pet F***ers stores, cause lets face it, that would be f***in' awesome!

(video definitely NSFW)

Louis CK - Bill Gates - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,323 times
I really do not like either options.

Honestly I think it sucks to be that poor girl in the first photo and have her photo blasted like that.

I will date and/or marry a man based on who he is as a person. I also will befriend people based on that as well. Looks is secondary to me when it comes down to whom I spend my time with.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,235,755 times
We already have studies that show that more attractive people, when they get to the interview stage even if less qualified, get better jobs. This was done in the 90s using actors and it was similar for males and females. The attractive candidate, 2 out of 3 times, got the job.

If you're attractive and apply yourself with just a little effort, you won't be broke for long. So i vote gorgeous but broke.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:08 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Allow me to answer for everyone:

Women - would rather be gorgeous and broke. Sexy looks can and will attract rich men so she would be set for life.

Men - would rather be ugly and rich. Being rich will allow us to attract, keep, and marry beautiful women so we would be set for life.

I don't care how many billions that monster with the peace sign has, there is no way she's going to get many (or any) men looking like that.

This of course assumes that personalities and characters are all in order.

I'd prefer you not answer for everyone. Because I'm a woman and you're quite wrong about how I voted.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:48 AM

324 posts, read 407,452 times
I would rather be ugly and wealthy since the condition of the OP is you can't use good looks to work your way up.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
I'm not sure the first picture is a woman. If it is, I think she could become "celebrity pretty" by losing weight and doing all of the celebrity non-cosmetic surgery stuff such as hair color and extensions, airbrushed and contoured make-up, and eyelash extensions. Honestly, look at pictures of the celebrities without make-up. Many are quite average looking. There are some I wouldn't even rate as average.

I didn't vote because I couldn't make up my mind. Money isn't everything even if you are good looking. There has to be something else there. There are plenty of people in this world who are beautiful and broke. If you are born into that situation in the wrong country, it could make your situation worse particularly, if your parents off-load you to some guy for money.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I'm confused - so the second picture is the "ugly", right? (Because it IS - if one of them must be.)
You have some nerve....calling people "ugly".

Really stupid thread.
that first woman is truly ugly. Sorry if that offends, but the world isn't fair and everyone isn't equal in all respects. Doesn't mean she isn't a good person, just means that visually speaking...damn.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
this is stupid because it isn't grounded in reality. The reality is that a gorgeous person can make money off their looks, can get a leg up in the job market, attract rich S.O's, you name it.

If you have to handicap the gorgeous option so much then it's obviously the best option. Cosmetic surgery can't turn a ugly person into a gorgeous person, it just ends up making you look weird and alien-like.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:31 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
I will gladly be ugly and rich, money takes care of most problems, I see plenty of ugly men with beautiful women. With plenty of money enough ladies will come. Plus with that kind of money you look handsome.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
this is stupid because it isn't grounded in reality. The reality is that a gorgeous person can make money off their looks, can get a leg up in the job market, attract rich S.O's, you name it.

If you have to handicap the gorgeous option so much then it's obviously the best option. Cosmetic surgery can't turn a ugly person into a gorgeous person, it just ends up making you look weird and alien-like.
Actually, cosmetic surgery can turn an "ugly" person into a gorgeous person. It's not that hard. If the ugly thing is a large nose, rhinoplasty can fix that. Jowls can be removed. Overweight can be fixed, surgically and non-surgically. Pimple? Acne? Cosmetic dermatology can take care of that too. There are also these non-surgical things called hair coloring and contacts if you don't like your eyes and hair color. If one finds a top of the line surgeon worth their salt, a person can definitely look "gorgeous" without looking weird and "alien-like". Also, being gorgeous truly comes from within. It's 60% natural endownment and 40% attitude. You have to have the moxie and self-love. You can be thin and pretty, but if you don't have the confidence or the personality, no one is going to notice you.

The entire premise of this thread is circular, because an "ugly" rich person can change their looks if that's what they want and a gorgeous poor person can elevate their status. I do think a gorgeous poor person however would have to really work it to have that happen though. There are many pretty faces and they don't rise above working class. These people have to be truly exceptional and be at the right place at the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty