Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 03:44 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was a very stressful day of coursework, and my body looked miserable once the day was over.

My hair stunk and was covered in sweat. There were dark circles under my eyes. I was outright dejected and my head was moping down constantly due to my inability to find a successful solution in time. Pressure of unemployment continues to mentally disintegrates me. My body gained 0.42 lb. I was insanely hungry and ate too much on reaching home. Overall, I was a complete mess and looked like an unemployed escapee from Rikers island .

So, how badly do stress days affect your looks. How miserable would you look after the day is over.

I am a 21 year old guy BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:31 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Well I'm 50 retired, no stress at all... Your young so make sure you eat well get sleep and workout in as well, all these are the best medicine for stress.....

Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My body gained 0.42 lb.
That's a weird increment. How do you know that so specifically? Are you weighing yourself on a meat balance?

Anyway, back to the OP. Stress can mess up my look sometimes because it's not usually because of stressful days, but more of an inability to sleep when I am stressed out. I get dark circles under my eyes and look tired.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 PM

532 posts, read 550,280 times
Testosterone goes down during extremely high stress times. Every guy knows what that does to a man and your health/inner self.

When it comes back, it feels like you are loaded on speeders. Your blood even runs warm through your veins and all your aches, pains, arthritis....(whatever) goes away or you don't feel it anymore.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yesterday was a very stressful day of coursework, and my body looked miserable once the day was over.

My hair stunk and was covered in sweat. There were dark circles under my eyes. I was outright dejected and my head was moping down constantly due to my inability to find a successful solution in time. Pressure of unemployment continues to mentally disintegrates me. My body gained 0.42 lb. I was insanely hungry and ate too much on reaching home. Overall, I was a complete mess and looked like an unemployed escapee from Rikers island .

So, how badly do stress days affect your looks. How miserable would you look after the day is over.

I am a 21 year old guy BTW.
Don't worry about your weight bro. Summer is just around the corner so you can sweat your nuts off. It will melt off like frying a hamburger.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Property View Post
Don't worry about your weight bro. Summer is just around the corner so you can sweat your nuts off. It will melt off like frying a hamburger.
Thing is, I barely sweat here during the summer. But I do hike a lot, which relieves lots of stress .

Our average High/Low is 84/60 F. We get relatively cool nights here, and use the A/C just 20 days a year .

Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 PM

If you have to talk to someone brother, I'm right here anytime. Just shoot me a DM anytime you like.

I'll get you back on your feet ASAP!

~U.S.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:14 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
'Heavy' puffier eyes, dark circles, dry cracky lips, paler/yellower face....

Not a nice sight...

Old 04-24-2014, 08:31 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Drink alot. I mean water. Water and Vitamins!

I have days where I look horrible but still haven't figured out, what it depends on.

Of course, after a drinking night I don't look pretty (super dry skin and just looking weird).

But sometimes I wake up fresh and happy and the mirror tells me better stay in the darkness for that day.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
i am the most stressed out ive ever been, but the only thing people are most likely to notice is the sour look on my face. that and i might have a few scattered breakouts of acne....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty