Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should I start wearing flip flops or stick to gym shoes?
Sneakers 10 41.67%
Flip Flops 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,955,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7942 View Post
I ask my gf what she thought of those (fisherman sandals), she said they were in style 10-15 years ago but flip flops are "in" now. They are not bad looking though.
Online Shoes, Clothing, Always Shipped FREE | Zappos.com

Zappos shows 85 styles of fisherman's sandals, which also include Keen type sandals. I don't want to contradict your gf but I think they look nice for summer.

Merrell® Traveler Fisher Sandals | Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer shows these Merrells in their current catalog.

Men's Shorts, Board Shorts & Swimwear | Eddie Bauer

Here is Bauer's page for shorts. Some of the models are wearing flip flops, and some are wearing sandals. Notice how trim the shorts are. These guys look nice. I'd say add nice flip flops and nice sandals to your wardrobe. Why not? Its nice to have choices when you dress.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,929,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Merrell® Traveler Fisher Sandals | Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer shows these Merrells in their current catalog.
Yikes! Those are some ugly sandals. I think my hs boyfriend owned a pair like those that he liked to wear with jean shorts. He had horrible fashion sense. OP, listen to your gf and don't buy those types of sandals.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:34 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,658,456 times
Rummaging through old threads and found this one //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...rs-shorts.html. Reminded me so much of this thread i just had to share it.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:23 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,793,221 times
Quote:
I'm a guy, mid 30s, never really wore flip flops much before unless at the beach. My girlfriend has been bugging me about wearing flip flops with my khaki shorts. She said they look better than sneakers and make me look taller. They are more comfortable but I can't help but think they might come across a bit silly or feminine.

Should I give the flip flops a shot or stick with the gym shoes? (ladies only please)
I did not read on the responses, but I suppose it depends on what you are doing and how hot it is. Kicking around, then flip flops. They aren't comfortable IMO for long walks. So, if you're doing anything athletic, then stick with the sneakers.
Bottom line, wear whatever is most comfortable to you. Either look fine to me.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,359,173 times
Depends on the weather. When its really warm out, I prefer my husband wear flip flops. Wearing tennis shoes in the summer hear looks like stinky sweat.

If its cooler, however, I'd think the tennis shoes were fine.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM

36 posts, read 85,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I did not read on the responses, but I suppose it depends on what you are doing and how hot it is.
I was thinking mainly things like going to a BBQ, visiting, outdoor picnic, shopping, running errands, eating out at casual restaurant, things like that.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:26 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,658,456 times
Quote:
I was thinking mainly things like going to a BBQ, visiting, outdoor picnic, shopping, running errands, eating out at casual restaurant, things like that.
Do these places have a "no shirt no shoes no service" policy? If so, will they consider your sandals/flip flops to be shoes or not? Is there a need to protect your feet from injury (objects falling on them, cuts, scrapes, etc)? Those are the questions id be asking myself.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:25 PM

4,036 posts, read 2,689,063 times
I am not a fan of flip flops at all (unless you are at the beach) and don't mind the look of shorts with tennis shoes/sneakers/gym shoes. And I agree with those who said that white ones would be better than the darker ones.

I am not a fan of tennis shoes without socks either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty