Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:21 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
yes!
Agree with poster above, this video is a joke. It's more hilarious that people think it's real (shaking head). And then there is even resting ass**** face for the boys...some people will believe anything.
I doubt anyone thinks it's real... This whole thread is tongue-in-cheek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 08:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I scowl when I am deep in thought. It's my eyebrows and the shape of my mouth. When I need to interact with people in person, I consciously hold my face in a friendlier, more open expression. I'm tall, so when I look friendly I get asked for directions a lot. If I'm not where I will be talking to people but don't want to be eyeballed as a weirdo, like walking through the park, I try to look serene and not make eye contact. Lost in thought I look upset, impatient or hostile, and if I really am stewing about something it's worse. My RBF will only get bitchier as I get older and gravity makes my frown frownier.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
I have the exact same problem as the op and have heard similar comments all my life. Since I was born with my face, people simply have to get used to it. What surprises me the most are strangers who say something. They clearly need to find an internet forum, because they would fit right in.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,881 times
I am the other way around. I always have this friendly face. It seems people are drawn into me in a way I don't want to.
Sometimes they don't take me seriously either.
On the top of the friendly place, people always tell me I have an innocent face.

It seems that strangers are drawn to me when they are asking for direction as I walk down the street, asking for spare change, donations, you name it. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone when i was in deep thoughts (I am a troubled man ). But they won't leave me alone; on the streets, on the subway platforms, in the subway...you name it.

Same thing at work. We have 3 other engineers beside me in our product group. It seems the technicians like to ask me instead of the other 3 when they have questions / concerns / needed instructions. It gets annoying because I become less productive since I have to tend to their needs and neglecting my own duties.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I doubt anyone thinks it's real... This whole thread is tongue-in-cheek.

I agree. And the few women I have known over the years with this face were truly bi*ches regardless of how their face looked.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
yes!
Agree with poster above, this video is a joke. It's more hilarious that people think it's real (shaking head). And then there is even resting ass**** face for the boys...some people will believe anything.
Yes, I know this video is a joke, but the point of my OP is that even though it's a joke, the video brought the attention to me that the condition is actually real because I and others actually have it even though there is no formal term for it.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah, people usually think I'm about younger then I am. I credit this to my "b*tch face" not giving me any lines. Not sure if its a good trade off though... I get to look younger longer, but then I constantly have to deal with people telling me to smile or cheer up (which after awhile does make my real b*tch face come out).
I agree. I don't have wrinkles around my eyes, but the space between my brows has a deep wrinkle from
frowning too much.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I am the other way around. I always have this friendly face. It seems people are drawn into me in a way I don't want to.
Sometimes they don't take me seriously either.
On the top of the friendly place, people always tell me I have an innocent face.

It seems that strangers are drawn to me when they are asking for direction as I walk down the street, asking for spare change, donations, you name it. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone when i was in deep thoughts (I am a troubled man ). But they won't leave me alone; on the streets, on the subway platforms, in the subway...you name it.

Same thing at work. We have 3 other engineers beside me in our product group. It seems the technicians like to ask me instead of the other 3 when they have questions / concerns / needed instructions. It gets annoying because I become less productive since I have to tend to their needs and neglecting my own duties.
I know a few people like you. People automatically like you even if you're far from nice (not saying you aren't nice). My husband is the same. He has a permanent smile on his face and actually still has a smile on his face even when he's sad and literally crying. Not kidding. Sort of like the Joker from Batman.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
My natural resting face has garnered many a person saying, "SMILE!" Which just pisses me off. Rather than them politely asking "What's wrong?" or "Are you okay?", they just assume I'm angry.

Growing up, my dad would often ask me why I was frowning. I told him, this is just my "normal" face. You made it, get used to it!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,422 times
I think Erin Andrews has the same problem except she has a whiny voice to go along with it Drives me crazy. And I'm sure she's a very nice lady.

I often find this whether on purpose or not, with the 20-something crowd. I don't know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty