Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times

Advertisements

Adi, you are free to wear what you like, but my personal preference is sandals worn only with shorts. With jeans, I prefer to see a man in a pair of deck shoes. Yes, I realize they are "closed" but IMO they present a slightly dressier look than sandals or sneakers.

If you asked the socks question for wearing under sneakers, I like Hanes cotton. But if you plan on wearing them with sandals, don't do it! It's like wearing a sleeveless turtle neck. What's the point?

Having said that, the sandals I liked the best of all the ones suggested would be the first - leather thongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Adi, you are free to wear what you like, but my personal preference is sandals worn only with shorts. With jeans, I prefer to see a man in a pair of deck shoes. Yes, I realize they are "closed" but IMO they present a slightly dressier look than sandals or sneakers.
Typically, I do wear them only with shorts. Once in a while however, I like to switch things around and wear jeans with sandals. This is usually in early June or late August during transition seasons. I would do it only under casual occasions though.

The socks question was in general for closed toed shoes. If I need to wear them, I also need socks which don't make my feel icky in summer.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:31 AM

Going for sandal shopping right now. Mom has given me a budget of $45 (I don't earn my own money yet, live off mom's income for the time being). I am going to buy these sandals at Sears, as one saves 17 % . Good choice or not ? This is the final call.

http://www.sears.com/teva-barracuda-...&blockType=G13

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-14-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old 05-15-2014, 07:48 AM

526 posts, read 898,830 times
I think you'd be happier with a closed toe

Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
These are my favorite: Mens Surf Flip Flops | Water & Sport Collection | Okabashi Shoes

They're cheap, have good arch support, and last for years. The care instructions say you can put them in the dishwasher but I have never tried it.
I have had their American made sandals for more than 5 years and they're still in great shape and comfortable.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:10 PM

I got this sweet pair of sandals for $ 21 from Croft and Barrow (used a coupon for extra discount of 30% on $ 30). Also bought a red sleeveless T shirt originally worth $16 for just $3, and it will help me to beat the heat this summer. My sandals and T shirt fit exactly the way I want them to, and I didn't end up spending too much. Couldn't be happier .

The sandals I purchased.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-151...Relavance=true

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-22-2014 at 12:18 PM..

Old 05-22-2014, 12:15 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Most men look bad in sandals because they have ugly feet. My wife and daughter hate this look. Wear sneakers or boat shoes.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Most men look bad in sandals because they have ugly feet.
I am the exception who has nice looking feet. If you don't like them, then just look away.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:28 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am the exception who has nice looking feet.

I know Indian men love the look of sandals. I've seen some Hindu feet and I'm not impressed.

So go ahead and post your man feet in those grotesque sandals. They look like something an old man would wear with socks. Or with out. Show the women the picture of your special feet. My bet is they will look as bad as the feet of any man.

My son is 20 and he wouldn't be caught dead in those contraptions. Stick to boat shoes (Sperry Topsiders, Dockers etc) or converse. Or boat sneakers.

NO TOES!!!!

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
We have to clean our feet every time entering the house after going outside. Doing otherwise is unsanitary in Hinduism.
you wash them with soap and water immediately after entering a home? do you also do it when you visit the homes of other people?

i think i have crocs these days. i may have others, i don't remember. when its time to wear them, my wife will give them to me. my wife's cousin got me the crocs as a gift. at first, i was opposed to wearing them. then i figured that they are free shoes and they work fine so whatever. i get some comments from other guys who don't like them. but i don't care what other people think of my shoes, its not like i love them either. they do the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty