Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 07:23 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Those who feel the need are welcome to avert their eyes.
Darned skippy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 08:39 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I’m sure a lot of guys would disagree, but yoga pants are pretty much played the hell out. So much so that I see fat grandmas wearing them. They're like sweat pants sloppy and unrefined

I’d like to start seeing some more skirts please.
LOL. Sorry but that is not going to happen.

Chicks like them. They are comfortable. They are fashionable. They are perfect for both yoga class and hitting the market and/or Starbucks. Plus, they show off the results of being healthy/fit.

Nice try though. Yoga pants are here to stay. Only the Honey Boo Boo mama June looking types hate them. Fit and pretty girls will always be in them. Lululemon Athletica 4Ever!!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
I wear yoga pants and I don't even do yoga.lol

Old 05-25-2014, 12:44 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
LOL. Sorry but that is not going to happen.

Chicks like them. They are comfortable. They are fashionable. They are perfect for both yoga class and hitting the market and/or Starbucks. Plus, they show off the results of being healthy/fit.

Nice try though. Yoga pants are here to stay. Only the Honey Boo Boo mama June looking types hate them. Fit and pretty girls will always be in them. Lululemon Athletica 4Ever!!
People wear them because they are comfy for all sizes. They aren't fashionable.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Aren't yoga pants for doing yoga or other fitness activity? Why would this be replaced by a skirt?

Old 05-25-2014, 07:02 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,587,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Bwahaha.

I'm not one for yoga or sweatpants myself, but you also won't catch me in a skirt or dress unless we're at a wedding or something. I like your suggestion, though - any time a man (assuming OP is one) complains about our lack of skirts, he should have to wear one for at least 24 hours. Not just around town, either, but actually to WORK as well. Maybe at a desk job it's not a big deal, but my job requires a lot of getting up & down, kneeling, pushing book carts, helping kids, etc. Try doing that in a cute skirt, especially a mini, and they'll quickly change their tunes. LOL
They should also have to do so while wearing panty hose and high heels.

Sorry OP but time for you to realize that the rest of the world is not required to dress to please your personal sense of taste.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:15 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Aren't yoga pants for doing yoga or other fitness activity? Why would this be replaced by a skirt?
I reckon there are more women drinking Coors Light watching Duck Dynasty in yoga pants vs. doing yoga.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:18 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I reckon there are more women drinking Coors Light watching Duck Dynasty in yoga pants vs. doing yoga.

I would rather do yoga and I hate yoga but not as much as I hate Coors and Duck Dynasty.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:52 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

People should dress to please themselves, and provided it isn't showing parts normally covered by undergarments, they should use whatever standards suit them. That said....

Yoga pants may be comfortable but they aren't fashionable. People may wear them to the market, Starbucks, and Walmart but, no, they aren't perfect for those places anymore than sweatpants. I just want to add, they may as you say be perfect to show off the results of being healthy and fit but they are also truly perfect for erasing any doubt that quite a few people who wear them are neither. But, if you want to wear them by all means do and you owe no one any apologies, just don't kid yourself that everyone agrees they are the perfect attire for anywhere outside of your home, a gym or yoga studio.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:07 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,477 times
I'm a svelte size 4 and look damn good in my yoga pants. You'll never, ever get me to abandon my yoga pants! They're far too comfortable and convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty