Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 07:12 PM

369 posts, read 392,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
You can tell by "looking" to determine if someone is straight or not???

You talk about women.... what about the guys with their 15 months' pregnant beer gut hanging over their too-tight dockers worn with a belt that has to go UNDER their gut. Oh, and let's not forget the requisite polo shirt and dirty, worn out 'dress' shoes that should have been thrown out 3 years ago! And the weekly shower rather than daily.

Most men let themselves go after they get a woman to marry them and have a gaggle of kids with them; it's not just the women. The difference is, the men are stupid enough to think they still look good and the women want them when nothing could be further from the truth.
Well, that's not me. I am in great shape and never wear Dockers or dress shoes. I work a physical job and look like hell from it most often. I prefer my ladies look a little gentler and more feminine, that's all.

That woman was a lesbian....100% sure of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM

Sorry to hurt feelings....

I'd like one please.... http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...rescue3/bg.jpg

No thanks, I'll pass......

woman with short hair pics - Bing Images

Old 05-26-2014, 07:29 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
Almost categorically no, and this a borderline dealbreaker for me.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 PM

My Sister had to cut her hair short when my nephews were born. She is a natural blonde with blue eyes and always kept it at least shoulder length or halfway down her back. I think my brother in law, myself and my dad about cried....seriously.

I'm glad she grew it back out....it makes a HUGE difference in her appearance. A lot of woman pay big bucks to have FAKE blonde hair....hers is 100% real.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
Sorry to hurt feelings....

I'd like one please.... http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...rescue3/bg.jpg

No thanks, I'll pass......

woman with short hair pics - Bing Images
My hair isn't the pixie cut, more so an edgy bob.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
My hair isn't the pixie cut, more so an edgy bob.
Mid length or about shoulders is ok. That bottom link ^ is way too short.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If a man is so shallow that he can't see beyond a woman's hairstyle, then he's not worth my time.
goes both ways. but honestly, what if it just doesn't work for that girl? its not about being shallow

this poll would be totally different if it was guys only, and not all these girls with short hair who will obviously vote for it "being sexy"

Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Man's opinion. Short hair on women is mostly insignificant. If the woman is attractive and she styles her hair to complement her natural facial features (and other features) it doesn't matter to me. Last week at a wedding there was a classic beauty with short bob cut looked great - complemented her face (and she had a complementary fit feminine shaped body even had rings in her lip which is almost always a turnoff - due to poor judgment *infection concerns* - but I must admit, this particular woman was very easy on the eyes).

I will admit longer hair is more interesting in that it allows for variety of how it is worn. Women can wear it up in various ways (braids, twists, and whatever other iterations they are called). These can be very sexy when they allow the nice shape of a delicate neck to entice, and there is that allure of pony tails. (as I make a neighing sound in approval ).

Bottom line is, so much of females hair style is individually feature driven (predominantly facial and body also). To unilaterally claim short / long is better is ridiculous. I can think of multiple examples of women I see who look great with short hair of various styles (wedges, bobs, or whatever the other style names are). The overly tuffed, splayed, frayed, frizzed, tousled short hair styles doesn't seem to do anything for the faces I've seen them on. Classy styled short hair (depending on hair quality) can be very lovely on the right woman.

Last edited by ciceropolo; 05-26-2014 at 11:00 PM..

Old 05-26-2014, 10:12 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Almost categorically no, and this a borderline dealbreaker for me.
Then does she get to tell you what to do with your hair too?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
^^^ why would it matter? A deal breaker is a deal breaker, move on...there are other fish in the sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty