Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Keep telling yourself that. If it makes you, as a black woman, feel better. That's why this question is being asked. Then cool!
Hmmm. I don't have to tell myself anything. Nothing you said so far has been proven to be correct. It's all either your opinion, meaningless stereotypes, or what you've been fed by the media to believe about beauty. The reality is that beauty is universal. Most magazines that cater to men do mostly feature white women, but there are black magazines that feature only or mainly black women geared toward black men, and there are magazines with Latina women that are geared toward Latin males. At the end of the day within each race there are groups of women that are prettier than average. But as it stands most women, race aside, are average looking and do not look like the images we see in the media. The average white woman is not as attractive as upton or fox, and is not any prettier than the average Latina woman, Asian woman, or black woman of we were truly comparing apples to apples. But you can go ahead and keep telling yourself something different. It's okay. I understand.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of everything we are discussing, but nice try.

Next time I'll try to give a colorful PC response

I'd hate to offend the sensitive again. I know liberals hate when anyone disagrees with them
Time for me to just ignore the ignorant.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:28 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Hmmm. I don't have to tell myself anything. Nothing you said so far has been proven to be correct. It's all either your opinion, meaningless stereotypes, or what you've been fed by the media to believe about beauty. The reality is that beauty is universal. Most magazines that cater to men do mostly feature white women, but there are black magazines that feature only or mainly black women geared toward black men, and there are magazines with Latina women that are geared toward Latin males. At the end of the day within each race there are groups of women that are prettier than average. But as it stands most women, race aside, are average looking and do not look like the images we see in the media. The average white woman is not as attractive as upton or fox, and is not any prettier than the average Latina woman, Asian woman, or black woman of we were truly comparing apples to apples. But you can go ahead and keep telling yourself something different. It's okay. I understand.
Apparently you do. Nice politically correct response if it helps you sleep at night...

Old 06-09-2014, 03:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
They tan for a Mediterranean look, not to look black (contrary to what black women like to argue/claim)
You have FAILED to address the other two questions, so I will restate them for you.

Why do some women seek fuller, pouty lips?

Why are some women trying to reshape their bodies to be "curvier" (bigger bottoms)?

Quote:
Apparently you do. Nice politically correct response if it helps you sleep at night...
And could you please find another FAUX News catch phrase to parrot? You've already used "politically correct" numerous times in this thread.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:40 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Quote:
I'm not white and I don't believe Caucasian features are superior. But why else does east Asia have the largest skin bleaching industry in the world, where over 80% of their skincare products contain bleaching agents?

Why do they so eagerly rush to eyelid surgery?

Why do certain women wear horse hair or hair from the head of someone from Malaysia/China/India?

Granted, most white women don't meet the standard of beauty either, particularly in the west. But apparently their features are generally most desirable.

And check out magazines that cater to MEN and show what MEN want to see. There are plenty of beautiful non Caucasian women who could be ranked, but that's not what men want to see. Men want to see Candice Swanepoel, not Hyori Lee.

You are forgetting about the MEN who find non-Caucasion women the most desirable. I know that is probably a complete and utter shock to you that there are men all over the world who want to see non-Caucasion women on magazine covers, but they actually exists. I do not agree that the features of white women are universally desired. They are desired by men who are attracted by white women, that is it. I gurantee that if you make the assumption that all men find white women the most desirable, you are going to get publicly embarrassed by men who are NOT in the least PC about this topic, and will tell you exactly what they think of you and your misguided assumptions. I have watched this happen. The person had it coming. Ignorance is not tolerated in many circles. Men are different, and find different types of women desirable and attractive. It is just as basic and human as that.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You have FAILED to address the other two questions, so I will restate them for you.

Why do some women seek fuller, pouty lips?

Why are some women trying to reshape their bodies to be "curvier" (bigger bottoms)?

And could you please find another FAUX News catch phrase to parrot? You've already used "politically correct" numerous times in this thread.
Full, pouty lips or lips that are excessively large to the point of taking up ones face, like Kerry Washington?

Curvy is a race issue, really? Now excess weight being acceptable is a cultural thing, but curvy, no. An hourglass figure is typically universally desired. That's the problem with American women. A majority of American women confuse body shape with excess weight.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
You are forgetting about the MEN who find non-Caucasion women the most desirable. I know that is probably a complete and utter shock to you that there are men all over the world who want to see non-Caucasion women on magazine covers, but they actually exists. I do not agree that the features of white women are universally desired. They are desired by men who are attracted by white women, that is it. I gurantee that if you make the assumption that all men find white women the most desirable, you are going to get publicly embarrassed by men who are NOT in the least PC about this topic, and will tell you exactly what they think of you and your misguided assumptions. I have watched this happen. The person had it coming. Ignorance is not tolerated in many circles. Men are different, and find different types of women desirable and attractive. It is just as basic and human as that.
There are guys with yellow fever, but they're in the minority. And they typically develop that fever as a result of not being able to get the Caucasian women they want.

Just look at certain forums such as reddit or bodybuilder. the same guys who only date/like Asian women are the same ones who bad mouth white women, yet they're white guys.

And guys at my school are actually open about their dislike for certain non-Caucasian groups of women...and they're white guys who could probably get any girl. Wealthy, southern, short but eh looking.

Yeah, the Caucasian guys who like non-Caucasian women are typically not quality men.There are those few Robert DeNiro rejects who lack choices and therefore settle on finding other groups of women attractive. But that's after they realize the hot girls of their race don't want them.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:15 PM

172 posts, read 274,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddlay View Post
Yes this is after the UCSB tragedy that happened after the guy got angry of white girls rejecting him and went on a rampage. Now since White girls are always promoted as the most attractive, guys (of all races) want them.

If they were not promoted as the most attractive, would they still be the most desired?
My attraction to certain women has zero grounds in the media. It's just what I am naturally attracted to and there is no changing that.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
There are guys with yellow fever, but they're in the minority. And they typically develop that fever as a result of not being able to get the Caucasian women they want.

Just look at certain forums such as reddit or bodybuilder. the same guys who only date/like Asian women are the same ones who bad mouth white women, yet they're white guys.

And guys at my school are actually open about their dislike for certain non-Caucasian groups of women...and they're white guys who could probably get any girl. Wealthy, southern, short but eh looking.

Yeah, the Caucasian guys who like non-Caucasian women are typically not quality men.There are those few Robert DeNiro rejects who lack choices and therefore settle on finding other groups of women attractive. But that's after they realize the hot girls of their race don't want them.
Seriously, who cares what Caucasian men are attracted to? And since when are they the sole arbiters of the desirability of all women? This thread is not about what white men want.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,381 times
Quote:

Beauty comes in all color. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty