Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you lived on the West Coast, you'd know a plethora of interracial couples, and biracial people.

Personally, it may not be 50% of the couples are I know are interracial, but it is definitely close. I've been a bridesmaid 3 times. One couple was black american (both) and the bridal party had asian, white and black bridesmaids and groomsmen. The second was a japanese woman and chinese man. One was first generation, one was second. Bridal party here was white, puerto rican, filipino, black, and chinese. The 3rd was a white man and middle eastern woman. With you guessed it, a diverse bridal party: korean, white, black. And I probably have one more potential bridal party invite for a black woman/white male couple!

The first 2 were college friends, so there was some bridal party overlap, as the 2 brides are 2 of my closest friends from college (and also californians). The 3rd was a friend from high school, not from the west coast.

So there you have it, I have only named 4 couples I know, and 3 are interracial! This isn't counting all the others in my circle. It is ridiculously common (especially in California).
And yet IR marriages make up less than what, 10% of marriages among the 200+ million folks in the US

Not all that common. I'm pretty sure that's why certain posters are offended.

And who says I don't live on the west coast? I've yet to make known what mix I am or where I even live.

I don't even understand why the black females in particular are offended by statistics. It's as though some are offended that white men don't want them and would prefer Hispanic or Asian women

Old 06-17-2014, 12:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
And yet IR marriages make up less than what, 10% of marriages among the 200+ million folks in the US

And who says I don't live on the west coast? I've yet to make known what mix I am or where I even live.

I don't even understand why the black females in particular are offended by statistics. It's as though some are offended that white men don't want them and would prefer Hispanic or Asian women
IR marriages aren't dispersed evenly in the US. Or by age group.

Stats from a few years ago, in CA the rate is about 24%. Nevada is 26%. Hawaii is 40%. Vermont is 4%.
U.S. rate of interracial marriage hits record high

You do seem to be quick to judge what black women are supposedly offended about.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
IR marriages aren't dispersed evenly in the US. Or by age group.

Stats from a few years ago, in CA the rate is about 24%. Nevada is 26%. Hawaii is 40%. Vermont is 4%.
U.S. rate of interracial marriage hits record high

You do seem to be quick to judge what black women are supposedly offended about.
Because black women are offended that white men do not want them? Most black men still want black women so I see no reason to take offense

And overall, IR marriage still makes up less than 10% when it's broken down by states(which have a smaller population than the overall population) or age group, the percentage appears bigger. There's nothing wrong with that. Most people want someone culturally similar and who look like them and can produce offspring who resemble them

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Because black women are offended that white men do not want them? Most black men still want black women so I see no reason to take offense

And overall, IR marriage still makes up less than 10% when it's broken down by states(which have a smaller population than the overall population) or age group, the percentage appears bigger. There's nothing wrong with that. Most people want someone culturally similar and who look like them and can produce offspring who resemble them
I think you aren't reading the statistics particularly well. Overall, in the US, interracial couples make up 8% of the married couples. States range wildly: 4% to 42% depending on the state.

California is one of the biggest states in the union (population wise) and has a really high rate of interracial marriages. Texas is also fairly high, clocking in at 18% and has a big population. IR is trending in some regions more than others. (I live in California, in a really diverse city, and IR couples are super common. Maybe even 50% for people under 25ish).

I know, in your book, black women aren't dating much interracially. From where I sit, in my own social circle, and in my city, I see lots of black women dating non-black men. This includes myself, my friends, and people I see walking down the street. There are large differences regionally. My black friends/family from the South rarely date out. The ones in California? All of us do (though some have preferences for black men).

Not sure where you are seeing this so-called "offense." I think you are just regurgitating what you hear in the media.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:

Quote:
Who says I'm not blasian? I'm biracial, but I can refer to myself as a black woman as I wish. Sure, it pains black women to hear any woman who doesn't resemble lupita n'yongo or any own else who doesn't look like they're tribal, to refer to themselves as black, but it doesn't change reality.

You seem a bit too defensive over how black women are perceived.I guess you're basing your self esteem off of how whites perceive black women
Quote:

If you are biracial/blasian then you are not "black". Why do you want so desperately to identify with a group to which you do not belong? Is that the reason that your posts seem quite venomous towards black women? Why would a non-black woman expend so much energy on the thoughts/actions of a group that has no relevance that individual? You really do seem to be quite obsessed with black women. Its very odd. But at least you've stop talking about how much you hate having dark skin and how men don't look at you. Glad to see that you've changed it up a bit nyanna.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If you are biracial/blasian then you are not "black". Why do you want so desperately to identify with a group to which you do not belong? Is that the reason that your posts seem quite venomous towards black women? Why would a non-black woman expend so much energy on the thoughts/actions of a group that has no relevance that individual? You really do seem to be quite obsessed with black women. Its very odd. But at least you've stop talking about how much you hate having dark skin and how men don't look at you. Glad to see that you've changed it up a bit nyanna.
Oh, I see you're still stuck on calling me someone I'm not LOL

And if I'm part black, I can call myself black.

You seem obsessed with the fact that non black men do not want black women. As I said previously, black men still want black women

Also, I don't have dark skin I'm sure you'd love it if I did lmao

But it's sad that you're basing your self esteem and happiness off of what white men want...because that's all you keep calling venemous

Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I think you aren't reading the statistics particularly well. Overall, in the US, interracial couples make up 8% of the married couples. States range wildly: 4% to 42% depending on the state.

California is one of the biggest states in the union (population wise) and has a really high rate of interracial marriages. Texas is also fairly high, clocking in at 18% and has a big population. IR is trending in some regions more than others. (I live in California, in a really diverse city, and IR couples are super common. Maybe even 50% for people under 25ish).

I know, in your book, black women aren't dating much interracially. From where I sit, in my own social circle, and in my city, I see lots of black women dating non-black men. This includes myself, my friends, and people I see walking down the street. There are large differences regionally. My black friends/family from the South rarely date out. The ones in California? All of us do (though some have preferences for black men).

Not sure where you are seeing this so-called "offense." I think you are just regurgitating what you hear in the media.
And yet the overall percentage is still low, with one particular group of women actually being the least likely to marry interracially (but their male counterparts marry at a slightly higher rate)

Still doesn't change the fact that most people marry their own and there's nothing wrong with that. People seem overly defensive over that fact

Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Oh, I see you're still stuck on calling me someone I'm not LOL

And if I'm part black, I can call myself black.

You seem obsessed with the fact that non black men do not want black women. As I said previously, black men still want black women

Also, I don't have dark skin I'm sure you'd love it if I did lmao

But it's sad that you're basing your self esteem and happiness off of what white men want...because that's all you keep calling venemous
As usual you are telling on yourself nyanna. Here's how we differ; I find DARK skin to be beautiful and do not see it as a curse as you seem to imply. Some of the most beautiful people that I know or have met have very DARK skin. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, you are the one (actually, the only one) in this thread who is equating a woman's attractiveness with the opinions of white men. No other person in this thread has made that statement...except for you. Maybe the reason that you seek validation in the opinions of strangers, particularly from white men, because you did not receive it in your home as a child. Who knows? But I do know that for some odd reason you have continued to fixate on black women when we are not the subject of this thread.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
As usual you are telling on yourself nyanna. Here's how we differ; I find DARK skin to be beautiful and do not see it as a curse as you seem to imply. Some of the most beautiful people that I know or have met have very DARK skin. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, you are the one (actually, the only one) in this thread who is equating a woman's attractiveness with the opinions of white men. No other person in this thread has made that statement...except for you. Maybe the reason that you seek validation in the opinions of strangers, particularly from white men, because you did not receive it in your home as a child. Who knows? But I do know that for some odd reason you have continued to fixate on black women when we are not the subject of this thread.
Again, I've already said feel free to message the admins or a mod if you think in someone else. You can keep telling yourself that, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm not that poster. You seem a bit obsessed with whoever that poster is.

And I'm not dark skin, therefore I stated it. I said nothing remotely negative about dark skin. How typical of a black female to take it as an insult LOL

And a few people have blamed white men in this thread, saying white men and Jewish men control the media. That's why I brought up white men. I'm not white and I don't think it matters what an entire race of men feel. But apparently it matters to you LOL

You should work on not basing your self esteem based on what has been said in a thread or how white men feel. You seem obsessed with this thread, as though you're monitoring it

I guess I see why race based discussions aren't *allowed* on here. Certain demographics are typically too sensitive...

Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 PM

27 posts, read 39,419 times
Quote:
Everyone on the internet knows a plethora of IR couples

Realistically in the US, they make a very small percentage of marriages. I know this will sting some of you, since you all love black or Asian women, but most people marry their own. Most people are exclusively attracted to their own.
I know guys who can and will say when someone of a different race is attractive (because beautiful is beautiful right?) but they still wouldn't date or marry them, especially if they're from a different culture/race.

I think some people on here think that by saying "society views white women are most attractive" or that "white men are generally most attracted to white women," it's being implied that white men are racist of some sort.

Preferences are NOT racist and neither is finding certain groups less attractive than others.

BTW: whether it's yellow fever, jungle fever, chasing becky's or only wanting an American white guy, nothing takes away from the fact that it's still desperate and the only guys/girls who do that are typically less attractive within their own communities. I'm sure that's offensive to some of you since everyone you know loves women of other races, but that tends to be a trend. the losers settle for what they can get
Is this couple less attractive or do they appear to be rejects?

Boyfriend Tag Remixed= Husband Tag!! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty