Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,198 times

Advertisements

I'd just tell him that it would look better shaved I like guys with shaved heads myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
I'd just tell him that it would look better shaved I like guys with shaved heads myself
Ohh yeah??. Will you be passing by CA anytime soon then? lol

Old 10-23-2016, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,199 times
I had much rather see a bald head than a bad combover! Women are NOT attracted to that! I have always thought Captain Stubing on Love boat was sexy!! Why can't they see that? I do not get it!

Old 10-23-2016, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,199 times
I would appreciate it very much!!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
No. I wouldn't. He already knows he has a comb-over. He's creating it himself. If it's affecting his life negatively somehow he'll figure that out. Otherwise, if this is how he's happy, I don't see the harm. It isn't as if he's about to accidentally step into a vat of hydrochloric acid or has a giant hole in the front of his shorts with his junk hanging out or some other imminent issue. It's a comb-over, not a fashion "great" but who's fashionable all the time?

He is keeping that hair for a reason. It's his reason. If he ever doesn't have that reason anymore (or if eventually he doesn't even have enough hair to comb over), then that's when he'll change things.

When I was younger, my hair turned from blonde to dishwater and I started lightening it (it didn't take much to do this, single-process, easy) to blonde. My sister used to periodically check in with me to let me know how BAD it apparently looked. I looked cheap, I was obviously "faking it," everybody would know I wasn't a "natural blonde," men weren't going to take me seriously, my hair was LIKE STRAW ZOMG, I looked like I lived in a trailer, blah, blah, BLAH. Well, you know what? I never had a single issue directly stemming from being blonde. I got jobs. I was a parent. I had boyfriends and then a husband (and then after a divorce, my second husband). Didn't lose friends over it. Didn't lose sleep over it. I had as little or as much fun as I'd have had any other hair color. Life was as difficult or as easy as it would have been even if I'd been a "sooo much better!!" brunette.

Then one day I decided to go dark...really dark. And OH MY GOD I LOVED IT. I've been coloring really dark ever since. And I look better, facially. I can see it. And you know what? So what? LOL. I LOVED being my "cheap" (????) blonde that never negatively impacted my life in any way and now I LOVE being brunette. Leave people alone even if you think they could "look better" some other way. The OP's friend isn't going to go, "Oh my god, I totally didn't realize I have a comb-over or even if I did, I had no idea anybody could tell." He knows. Let him come to his own conclusions, whatever those may be.

JMO.

Last edited by JerZ; 10-24-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 12:47 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
Should I be the first or let him decide on his own?
Not unless he ASKS for your opinion.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Show him a photo of Billy Zane....

Old 10-26-2016, 12:37 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
I've thought about what I would do if I ever start balding (which doesn't run in my family, but hopefully I won't subject to it.)

Anyways, I would shave. I would shave down to the skin and wear hats... or try other ways to work with the look.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:03 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
What I'd tell him (if anything) is that if you're balding, you can do whatever you damn well please with your remaining hair, as long as you don't make any inevitably failing effort to conceal the baldness.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Let's ask donald trump for his opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty