Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:17 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times

Advertisements

I came through the generation in the early 1970s that preferred the natural look , with dry hair , and no jewelry and no watches and no tattoos or hardware in the noses or no ring on the ears or lips and it was cool

Old 06-02-2014, 03:24 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
My son wanted a tattoo for the longest time. His dad told him as long as he was paying for his school and helping him with living expenses. Now that he is done with school and on his own he still does not have one.

Tattoos are permanent and I know several who regretted getting them and are looking to get them removed.

I must have erased the part about his dad said no tattoos while we were paying for his school and living expenses. opps.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:38 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
One of my daughters came by the house over the weekend and the conversation turned to tattoos.

She said that she is basically the only one of her group of friends who doesn't have a tattoo. Her friends have multiple tattoos and spend a lot of time talking about tattoos and planning their next tattoo. My daughter says that she feels like an outcast for not having a tattoo and is feeling lots of social and peer pressure to get some.

Her friends are always saying to her, "Why don't you get with it and gets some tattoos?"

If you are 21-40 and don't have any tattoos do you get any peer pressure from your friends or family to get with the times and get some tats?
I am 62 and over twenty years ago i started hearing the whine of those with tattoos and saying they wished they hadn't got one. I have seen plenty that are black blobs.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
I don't know anyone who has ever been peer pressured to get body modification. I've never questioned anyone for their lack of body mod. It's no big deal. My first husband, a former Marine and oddity with his lack of ink, has plans for tattoos some time in the future. My current husband has no tattoos, and has no interest in getting any. I have a lot of tattoos (and piercings).

Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I have no tattoos &/or piercings.....
Never got why people thought it's the cool thing to do
I'm really not into that look, never have been & never will be

Old 06-02-2014, 04:05 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I came through the generation in the early 1970s that preferred the natural look , with dry hair , and no jewelry and no watches and no tattoos or hardware in the noses or no ring on the ears or lips and it was cool
I had a leisure suit, much easier to remove than a tattoo.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:46 PM

369 posts, read 392,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
One of my daughters came by the house over the weekend and the conversation turned to tattoos.

She said that she is basically the only one of her group of friends who doesn't have a tattoo. Her friends have multiple tattoos and spend a lot of time talking about tattoos and planning their next tattoo. My daughter says that she feels like an outcast for not having a tattoo and is feeling lots of social and peer pressure to get some.

Her friends are always saying to her, "Why don't you get with it and gets some tattoos?"

If you are 21-40 and don't have any tattoos do you get any peer pressure from your friends or family to get with the times and get some tats?
I don't have any and never will. I have enough scars and whatnot that I would never intentionally do that to myself.

I just saw this pretty good looking woman at the gas station about an hour ago on my way home. She was easily above average in looks. She had large boobs, a awesome curvy body, nice hair, nice teeth and was lightly tanned. She had a t-shirt on with jean shorts (the good ones hahaha)....so anyways I look down at her feet in her sandals. Both the entire tops of her feet were covered in tats as well as both wrists.

I couldn't help but wonder why and what she was thinking. She even takes the time to paint her fingernails and toenails that peach/light orange color.

What a shame.......and I looked like hell (not my fault) from work and have none.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:00 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I'll answer it. it wasn't mainstream to get a tattoo unless you were in the military or in prison and women didn't have tattoos.
And I think I'm a little younger than you, but "ladies" did not get tattoos when I was growing up. At age 16 or so, it was okay for females to get their ears pierced, one hole in each ear lob.

I don't care what people do, but I'm not getting a tattoo. I take younger people who want one to the senior rec center so they can see the blotchy anchors and such on the former navy and marines on the age 70+ set. That generally cures their desire.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:11 PM

369 posts, read 392,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
And I think I'm a little younger than you, but "ladies" did not get tattoos when I was growing up. At age 16 or so, it was okay for females to get their ears pierced, one hole in each ear lob.

I don't care what people do, but I'm not getting a tattoo. I take younger people who want one to the senior rec center so they can see the blotchy anchors and such on the former navy and marines on the age 70+ set. That generally cures their desire.
We don't all have them. The scars are/were enough.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:43 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
The woman I share with, who btw has just bought her EIGHTH house, is not far off 60 and has tattoos on her feet, around her wrists, up her calf and gawd knows where else.

She earns about 150k pa driving a machine of some sort out in the desert.

No one sees her tatts unless she's home and then they all hang out. She's getting more too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty