Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you appreciate and want to see more plus size models
I'm a woman and I would like to see more plus size models 57 36.77%
I'm a woman and I would like to see fewer plus size models 7 4.52%
I'm a woman and I don't care one way or another 27 17.42%
I'm a man and I would like to see more plus size models 30 19.35%
I'm a man and I would like to see fewer plus size models 21 13.55%
I'm a man and I don't care one way or another 13 8.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:28 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,687,048 times

Advertisements

I must be strange because I am attracted to larger women in the general population but most of the plus sized models don't seem attractive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:52 PM

692 posts, read 956,869 times
I've yet to see a plus-sized male model. Just sayin'

Old 06-07-2014, 01:59 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
what about someone like Serena Williams,who is 160 pounds but muscular?
I am pretty sure she would still weigh the see saw down if you both got on one.
As long as she is up in the air and not me then we are good.

Here is a gal who is 5' 7" tall and 160 lbs and is HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!! Even "heavier" girls like this can be super super sexy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52TPVEWVMQ#t=12

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 06-07-2014 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 02:17 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
I've yet to see a plus-sized male model. Just sayin'
Speaking of, I enjoy these commercials for that group of men.

And yes, I enjoy seeing fashions featured for women my size and all others.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:56 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
Plus size model ads are photo-shopped just like the twig size model ads---it's all an illusion designed to sell an emotion--a fantasy--a feeling. Study up on the psychology of marketing and you'll see that this goes for pretty much anything anyone is selling. So, what about plus-size models? They are just doing the job the advertisers hired them to do---not different than thin models. Essentially, this question is just another thread about fat women. I am sick and tired of the constant scrutinizing of a woman's body. I don't give a flying *f* about ads in magazines, TV, billboards and all the rest of it. If everyone put as much thought and effort into causes that are actually worthwhile, imagine how much more pleasant the world would be? What a sick and superficial species we are. And the advertisers can go *f* themselves.

Before I go--a question to the male posters who say there's nothing sexy about plus size women, I ask you this. If you were looking for female company and had only the following two ladies to try and convince to be your lover, who would you pursue? 1) a size 18 woman with plump smooth skin, ample breasts, luxurious hair, great sense of style, a lovely smile, healthy lifestyle, mentally sound, minty fresh breath, a kind heart, and really into love-making --or-- 2) a size 4 woman with a slender and toned body (looks great in tight jeans or a bikini), a 34DD boob job, a fake tan, a crooked nose, pimples, bleached out hair, smoker's voice and breath to match, fairly frigid unless she's drunk, and crabby as all hell....who would you pick as your lover?
The world doesn't work that way. It only works in the eyes of insecure girls who want to make themselves feel better momentarily

Old 06-07-2014, 02:58 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then what do you make of the above statement?
He said plus sized women aren't sexy, which is true to the majority of the population. Just because being overweight is the norm doesn't mean it's desirable in the west.

He never said women who aren't the size of VS models aren't sexy. I like how so many women try to compare extremes. As if there's no in between

Old 06-07-2014, 03:59 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie2214 View Post
If more men thought this way instead of model size or shape the average women might have a better opinion of herself.
A large number of women have negative opinions of them selves because a large number of men want a super model type female. And lets face it most of us aint. Yes we use every ounce of strength trying to obtain that model shape and size and some fight the scales all thier lives. Never learning to love themselves just the way they are. Yes its important to be healthy and you want to have confidence in how you look but as a society we put to much emphasis on the looks and weight of models.

Its refreshing to see that some men dont look at weight or size but at the total package.

I believe they should have the avarage plus size women with the stocky boxy shape or apple shape modeling the plus size clothes. Lets get real women to model, so we can tell what real women look like in the clothes. Just my honest opinon.
Here we go with the "real women" BS.

Just because a woman isn't fat/overweight like the majority of women in America doesn't make her any less of a "real woman". That term is just ridiculous and overused.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:12 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Here we go with the "real women" BS.

Just because a woman isn't fat/overweight like the majority of women in America doesn't make her any less of a "real woman". That term is just ridiculous and overused.
Agree~ " We are all real women" .... Sick of the media pitting women against each other! Love yourself, embrace you...

Old 06-07-2014, 04:22 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,395 times
Honestly I don't ever want to see a plus size model. I can't really imagine why anyone, male or female, would. I want to see an ideal woman when I look at a model. I want to imagine what she would look like naked and with a plus size, that's just not a pretty picture.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie2214 View Post
If more men thought this way instead of model size or shape the average women might have a better opinion of herself.
A large number of women have negative opinions of them selves because a large number of men want a super model type female. And lets face it most of us aint. Yes we use every ounce of strength trying to obtain that model shape and size and some fight the scales all thier lives. Never learning to love themselves just the way they are. Yes its important to be healthy and you want to have confidence in how you look but as a society we put to much emphasis on the looks and weight of models.

Its refreshing to see that some men dont look at weight or size but at the total package.

I believe they should have the avarage plus size women with the stocky boxy shape or apple shape modeling the plus size clothes. Lets get real women to model, so we can tell what real women look like in the clothes. Just my honest opinon.
Someone's self-esteem is their responsibility and no one else's. People are going to have their opinions of you and they are not always going to be favorable or pleasant. I suggest they learn to ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty