Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 07:23 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,784,390 times

Advertisements

It's more a rhetorical question, I know the answers, but I find it's a bit OTT. Look at any magazine cover and it's always 'sexy outfits', 'sexy swimsuits', 'look hot', it's all about looking sexy and hot. Clothing is revealing, skin-tight, or heightens attributes. You have push-up bras, things to accentuate features. Girls wearing shorts that show that butt-cheeks. They're basically denim panties, might as well just go around in their underwear. If they didn't shave there you'd see some of the foliage creeping out. I mean a bit of sex appeal is okay, but it's become so deliberate that's it's a bit gauche if you ask me.

Why can't there be more emphasis on elegance/style? I'm not a prudish person at all, but even I would welcome a bit more modesty at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:31 PM

877 posts, read 1,315,923 times
When a girl looks good, she feels good? And a lot of young women (especially) think that the less sexy clothing is old womanish

And if a woman is looking to attract men, aside from walking around naked, what else is the best way if you have a great body? if you've got it flaunt it.

In the scheme of things no one cares about modesty. it doesn't say much about a person. I know some girls who dress modest but they're promiscuous and have no problem snorting coke and getting hammered every Thursday night.

I know chicks who walk around campus with their cheeks hanging out of their shorts but they're pretty prudish.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:40 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,784,390 times
Well it's the whole equation of self-esteem and self-worth with sexiness. It's more the ones who seem to only care about looking good, spend hours putting on makeup, spending half the time talking about looks and the other half gossiping. I am so NOT into excessive vanity, and I don't think most guys are either. Nothing wrong with wanting to look good, but let that only be one aspect of your being, not let it dominate everything...

The society we live in is just so shallow and vain. Famous people are admired for their looks (or even their promiscuity), not for their character or their achievements/contribution to the world.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,707 times
I think 'sexy' is more of an attitude anyway, at least when you're older like me. I never buy anything thinking it'll make me look sexy. I just buy it if I think it'll look nice on me.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
I don't know. I'm long past sexy and wear what's comfortable and passable for the occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty