Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,175 times

Advertisements

I use an organic eye cream by Aguacate & Co. Has helped to reduced the dark circles around my eyes. I also have started using their serum and exfoliating creme. Have noticed that my skin has lightened in color and is more radiant. Hope this helps you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 08:15 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,332,373 times
I use Arbonne skin care and Merle Norman cosmetics. I get lots of compliments. I love both Arbonne and Merle Norman Preventage hand lotion (one at home and one at work). They are both fabulous! As far as dark circles under eyes, just keep in mind that some of these are genetic and some are broken blood vessels. You may just have to find the best concealer that works for you.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:32 AM

30 posts, read 71,449 times
Default Arbonne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I use Arbonne skin care and Merle Norman cosmetics. I get lots of compliments. I love both Arbonne and Merle Norman Preventage hand lotion (one at home and one at work). They are both fabulous! As far as dark circles under eyes, just keep in mind that some of these are genetic and some are broken blood vessels. You may just have to find the best concealer that works for you.
Wow ,not to many people now of these products ......Shhhhhh. I thought it was my secret weapon I love the NutriMinC products.
Pricey though.
:: Arbonne International ::
For concealer try Touche Clat YvesSaintLaurent, I love the stuff!
Forwarding Entry.jsp

Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 PM

465 posts, read 2,420,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
What have women tried for moisturizers and the darkness under the eyes?
I have tried Lancome and Murad, and some Dermalogica---but my skin is missing something to give me a glow.....
I also have darkness around/under my eyes. I went to an asthetisian and was told it was due to aging but also sun damage and that I had not been faithful with sunscreen. I have the driest hair and skin ever.

I have a close friend whose father is a dermatologist in Dallas, Texas. He has created a skin cream that evens the tone and color of the skin; I will be ordering it soon. I was told it needs to be put all over the face, not spot treated. It's called Blackburn's mixture by Dr. Raymond Blackburn. Johnson and Johnson tried to negotiate a deal to by it some years ago, but he wouldn't give it up. The success rate with this cream has been good and you see results in about two weeks. So many creams claim to lighten dark areas. I have tried PDF and Skinceuticals Phyto+ neither of which worked. Skinceuticals, however, has excellent moisturizers for different skin types, and just good skin care products in general; their C+E eye serum for wrinkles is a very popular product, and amazing! The great thing too, is they don't use a lot of chemicals, but instead try to make all natural products. I also find Hope in a Jar by Philosophy to be quite awesome for moisturizing.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:37 AM

605 posts, read 859,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymarked View Post
Under eye circles can be due to a wide vary of things.
Heridatary-sinus-loss of sleep-circulation-dehydration and others.
Diet can help, omega 3's either in a supplement-(make it a good one) or foods like salmon-herring-sardines. A great cover up for them is by Jane Iredale cosmetics called circle delete. Mineral Makeup-very nice line-no chemicals-good luck!
Couldn't find Ponds DeFEYE whatever, I knew DHC was great but not for eyes? COOL. Where do I find Vit K? dab it under my eyes?
I am sleep deprived and dehydrated, but learning to takle care of my health.
I am not faithful with sunscreen at all, was a sun worshipper up until last summer and I do have 1 broken capillary under one eye. I want correction not cosmetic.....
This Murad stuff seems to be working, I don't drink soda--just coffee and water.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:38 AM

605 posts, read 859,545 times
beautymarked--what about FLAXSEED oil? It has 3, 6, and 8's....

Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,388,659 times
I've been using Kinerase for about 6 months, it's a bit pricey but it works really well. My pores have diminished about 75% and my skin looks dewey ( for lack of a better word) even in the evening after a stressful day.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:18 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,250,736 times
Best skin care: lots of water, not much sun, sunblock everyday, no smoking, low alcohol consumption. I use Neutrogena, after trying all the expensive stuff. I like the Facial Cleanser (orange) I use it in the shower and the daily moisturizer with SPF 40. My skin is clear 99% of the time.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:34 AM

466 posts, read 576,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
What have women tried for moisturizers and the darkness under the eyes?
I have tried Lancome and Murad, and some Dermalogica---but my skin is missing something to give me a glow.....
According to my husband since I started using Monsia Skincare, he says that my skin has a very healthy glow.

Old 12-05-2023, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 685 times
I use avocado oil. It can be applied under the eyes, as well as all over the face.
I use 3-4 drops of oil together with face cream. The skin becomes more moisturized and younger looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty