Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 05:28 PM

241 posts, read 358,829 times

Advertisements

Heres an article that talks about female beauty: The Rules Revisited: Feminine Beauty Is Highly Controllable

Its directed at women but the same thing applies to men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:16 PM

102,072 posts, read 107,036,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
You are missing what I am saying, I already said many times that you shouldn't put in the extra work in your appearance solely for the opposite sex or to get dates but for YOURSELF. This country has an obesity epidemic we can't no longer tolerate all this pc sensitivity to make people feel better. If people are so open in denouncing being anorexia as being unhealthy and unattractive why can't with obesity or excessive fat? Neither is attractive or healthy.
But what does it have to do with being unattractive? Most people I know who are average or even below average are in great shape and dress well. There's not much obesity in the places where I've lived. Being in shape and "making an effort" to be well-groomed and well-dressed doesn't magically make people attractive to others.

Think--Chelsea Clinton. She had to get multiple procedures done in order to become attractive, and she certainly was in shape and well-dressed, etc. already.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,723,096 times
This reads a whole lot like "if you aren't a societally acceptable size, stay home."

A better message is, work with what you've got and pay attention and take some care.

As for Chelsea Clinton? She just needed to grow into her looks. Some facial proportions need a little bit of "maturity" to balance out. Like Jordin Sparks. She is super cute, but when she was younger she hadn't quite grown into her looks.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But what does it have to do with being unattractive? Most people I know who are average or even below average are in great shape and dress well. There's not much obesity in the places where I've lived. Being in shape and "making an effort" to be well-groomed and well-dressed doesn't magically make people attractive to others.

Think--Chelsea Clinton. She had to get multiple procedures done in order to become attractive, and she certainly was in shape and well-dressed, etc. already.
This isn't about attracting the attention of others its about making an effort for yourself. If you look on page 10 you'll see my story to get were I am coming from. Of corse being in shaped and dressing nicely doesn't automatically make you Miss America but you definitely will look million times better if you didn't do those things at all. Personally I think Chelsea Clinton is cute, from me as long as a guy is in shaped and his facial symmetry isn't off or covered in acne I find him attractive. It really isn't that hard to be attractive, it just sounds like you don't have a reasonable expectation of what makes someone attractive.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-18-2014 at 06:36 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,273,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
I'm a mom, and I have never stepped out of the house without makeup, not even when I had a newborn and was nursing every hour and a half. It's not a lack of time, it's a lack of thought and effort, not wanting to branch out and step out of their comfort zone.
Excuse me? No, it's that I REALLY don't like putting that crap on my face. That's all it is. I like the way my skin looks. It's healthy and natural.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This reads a whole lot like "if you aren't a societally acceptable size, stay home."

A better message is, work with what you've got and pay attention and take some care.

As for Chelsea Clinton? She just needed to grow into her looks. Some facial proportions need a little bit of "maturity" to balance out. Like Jordin Sparks. She is super cute, but when she was younger she hadn't quite grown into her looks.
I'm sorry if it comes across like that, I don't want to shame people for what they do what their lives. Its none of my business, and some people just don't have the resources or time to beautify themselves I have come understand from this thread. I guess the point of me starting this thread was to encourage people to live a more healthy lifestyle more then anything, what you or others choose to do is your own business.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,210,834 times
I agree. Try to improve the landscape people!!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,273,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
The majority of people are lazy these days and are quick to let themselves go. I strongly believe though if everyone put in a good effort in dieting, styling, and grooming most people could be at least average looking. Just look at Europe and Brazil for example, same genetics basically the only difference is they weigh less and dress better therefor look better then the average american. With the amount of european stock most people are mixed with I actually think if people got into shape we could be considered one of the best looking nations in the world. As the russian saying goes,"no such thing as an ugly women only a lazy." This of course also applies to men. What do you think?
What do I think? I think this post is incredibly nasty and judgemental and that you should be ashamed of yourself for writing it. That is what I think.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
What do I think? I think this post is incredibly nasty and judgemental and that you should be ashamed of yourself for writing it. That is what I think.
If your going to disagree with me at least have a coherent argument instead of throwing around insults. It would help if people read the entire thread to see were I am coming from instead of just assuming I am shallow person for wanting to start a discussion on the benefits of eating healthy, grooming, and dressing nicer.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 PM

749 posts, read 917,080 times
I think the majority of men could be attractive, if they shave their faces, when the hair turns grey. I see it all the time, some men get to a certain age, (over 40), and think that having sideburns, a moustache, and beards full of grey hair are appealing.............they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty