Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 06:46 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I guess the point of me starting this thread was to encourage people to live a more healthy lifestyle more then anything, what you or others choose to do is your own business.
But that's the part I don't get. Why are you assuming that unattractive people aren't living healthfully? And taking care of their appearance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 PM

398 posts, read 471,059 times
I agree with this.

And it can go the other way. Don't groom, and gain a bunch of weight, and you suddenly are less attractive.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:58 PM

241 posts, read 360,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But that's the part I don't get. Why are you assuming that unattractive people aren't living healthfully? And taking care of their appearance?
The only time someone is unattractive in my eyes is if they are obese or look dirty. Basically if they don't look healthy or look like they don't clean themselves. I do agree that I am being presumptions by assuming everyone who does fits that descriptions isn't living healthy lifestyle, I don't know that person who knows what they do with their life. But this thread isn't about shaming or judging others, its about encouraging others to nourish their body and natural beauty to the fullest on the in and out. We have obesity epidemic, it wouldn't be too presumptions to assume that a lot people aren't making the wisest choices when it comes to food.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
If your going to disagree with me at least have a coherent argument instead of throwing around insults. It would help if people read the entire thread to see were I am coming from instead of just assuming I am shallow person for wanting to start a discussion on the benefits of eating healthy, grooming, and dressing nicer.
Oh, I've read the thread. Still think it's nasty and judgemental.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:03 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,380,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
I think the majority of men could be attractive, if they shave their faces, when the hair turns grey. I see it all the time, some men get to a certain age, (over 40), and think that having sideburns, a moustache, and beards full of grey hair are appealing.............they are not.
Pft. Tell Sir Sean Connery his beard makes him look unattractive!

I have seen and know many men with gray in their beards and I don't think there's anything wrong with it, at all.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh, I've read the thread. Still think it's nasty and judgemental.
How so? You need to chill out, your letting strangers on an internet forum getting you this hostile.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I'm not hostile at all. I think your post is judgemental and mean. That is my opinion. Take or leave it. That said, if you wish to dress up and wear make-up, more power to 'ya. I'm all for being healthy, neat, and clean, but I have no use for cosmetics. I prefer the natural look.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-18-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm not hostile at all. I think your post is judgemental and mean. That is my opinion. Take or leave it. That said, if you wish to dress up and wear make-up, more power to 'ya. I'm all for being healthy, neat, and clean, but I have no use for cosmetics. I prefer the natural look.
Please point to me were I ever said that all women should wear makeup? That is not even the point of this thread. If you actually read the entire thread you would see that I encouraged women to let their faces breathe and nourish their natural beauty. I can't stand women who think just because they don't wear makeup they are some special snow flake or better then other women. If you were so secure with your choice you wouldn't get so defensive about it.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
To MissLexi. Here is what I do everyday to stay healthy:

Shower in the morning with coconut oil and use sandalwood powder
Lift weights every afternoon and use deodorant afterwards
Keep myself well hydrated
Remained 100% vegan ever since birth

Do I in Anyway look attractive ? Judging by the opinion of CD posters, its a loud and clear No.

So get on with stuff, there are more important things to do for me than look good for attracting potential wives.

I will care about looks when needed.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post
Pft. Tell Sir Sean Connery his beard makes him look unattractive!

I have seen and know many men with gray in their beards and I don't think there's anything wrong with it, at all.
He looks like a crusty grandpa.
If that is what you go for, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty