Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 06:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I think I was just amazed at how better I looked and feel after going through all of it. I would love for other people to experience the feel that I did. I use to hate myself and thought I was ugly, its wasn't until I started to improve myself that I saw my true natural beauty. Just be happy and confident about yourself, the world needs more women with those qualities. My intended audience was everyone really, I think anyone can learn from my advice especially people who aren't happy themselves.

I wrote the above list to show people, it really doesn't take that much time or work to look ok.

Personally I think the plus size model Viktoria Manas is one of the most beautiful women out there, so curvy:

I am in love.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 06:44 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,860 times
Quote:
No I am talking about in terms of putting effort in how they dress, or present themselves. Granted a lot of teens aren't exactely what I would classify as "classy," but behavior is not what I am talking about. Elderly women are probably the best at the examplifying modest and classy behavior that so many lack today.
Anyways look as pictures of people from the 50s/60s, everybody was pretty then because of the way they adorned themselves so nicely.
I haven't read all the posts here, but oh my gosh! My aunt and uncle, who were young in the 50s/60s, are always talking about how artificial everyone looked back then with their hair sprayed stiff and their "unstylish clothing." They say the style in clothes changed in the 60s along with the English invasion in music and pop culture and that it went to an extreme, like you see in cartoons. Those are their words. My uncle says they would go around and make sarcastic gibes like, "You're looking good, who's your undertaker." I guess that's because of the artificiality that they said pervaded the fashion of that time. My uncle is a big prankster though, and sometimes I'm not sure how to take him.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Fat and slob are not interchangeable.
You can be overweight without being a slob. Losing weight is often very difficult and requires a lot of effort and time and discipline, not to mention medical issues. That doesn't mean you stop taking care of your appearance.
Being a slob, however, IS shameful. It shows a basic disrespect of yourself. If being a slob is okay, can we then let go of personal hygiene too? After all, WHY are we required to bathe, brush teeth, wear deodorant? What if a person is happy not doing any of these things?
We sure have no problem shaming people who are bad housekeepers, who are slobs when it comes to having dirty houses, who are hoarders or have nasty yards, etc. Yet god forbid you say anything about the people wearing dirty pajamas out, two sizes too small with flesh rolling out of them, greasy hair, etc. That's clearly not politically correct.
AMEN, SISTER!!!! ^^^^

Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 AM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Not surprised, getting your nails done has become the favorite feminine orientated activity of a lot of women today. Well at least for me it is .
Sorry, there are other ways to spend the money and the time.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 AM

241 posts, read 359,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Sorry, there are other ways to spend the money and the time.
I just made comment about what I like to do, no where did I say all people should do it.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I am in love.......
Yep, one of the few women I would switch sides for.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM

701 posts, read 1,691,179 times
Quote:
My points apply to both men and women. This isn't about looking pretty for opposite sex anyhow, I don't brush my teeth regularly for men I do it for myself because I know if I don't it could lead to serious health issues.
There are no serious health issues involved in putting on "a little makeup." I don't give two hoots what anyone thinks of my appearance as long as I'm clean and don't smell. If I don't care how I look without makeup on, I'm certainly not going to put it on to please the aesthetic sensibilities of the man or woman on the street.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:37 AM

Default :smack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by campion View Post
There are no serious health issues involved in putting on "a little makeup." I don't give two hoots what anyone thinks of my appearance as long as I'm clean and don't smell. If I don't care how I look without makeup on, I'm certainly not going to put it on to please the aesthetic sensibilities of the man or woman on the street.
I never once said you have to wear makeup, good god you people are killing me. If you and others take the time to read thread you would know I encouraged women to not wear makeup and let their faces breathe. Dress and style yourself however you want, if everyone dressed the same the world would be a boring place. This is more about staying healthy, grooming yourself well, and and looking put together, not to please random strangers on the street or attract the attention of the opposite sex. It is never bad idea to better yourself physically in a reasonable and safe manner, the more you do the more your natural beauty shines through. But above all, your health and wellbeing should trump everything.

I don't know how people got into this makeup nonsense, thats not even the focus of this thread.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I haven't read all the posts here, but oh my gosh! My aunt and uncle, who were young in the 50s/60s, are always talking about how artificial everyone looked back then with their hair sprayed stiff and their "unstylish clothing." They say the style in clothes changed in the 60s along with the English invasion in music and pop culture and that it went to an extreme, like you see in cartoons. Those are their words. My uncle says they would go around and make sarcastic gibes like, "You're looking good, who's your undertaker." I guess that's because of the artificiality that they said pervaded the fashion of that time. My uncle is a big prankster though, and sometimes I'm not sure how to take him.
Thats interesting, I know the 50s/60s weren't a perfect time period for sure, I guess my love of the clothing and style of everyone came more from my love of vintage movies(Breakfast at Tiffany's) more then anything. I have noticed, when I talk to my relatives who lived/grew up in that time period, that most either hated it or looked back on it fondly.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:03 PM

701 posts, read 1,691,179 times
Quote:
I never once said you have to wear makeup, good god you people are killing me. If you and others take the time to read thread you would know I encouraged women to not wear makeup and let their faces breathe. Dress and style yourself however you want, if everyone dressed the same the world would be a boring place. This is more about staying healthy, grooming yourself well, and and looking put together, not to please random strangers on the street or attract the attention of the opposite sex. It is never bad idea to better yourself physically in a reasonable and safe manner, the more you do the more your natural beauty shines through. But above all, your health and wellbeing should trump everything.

I don't know how people got into this makeup nonsense, thats not even the focus of this thread.

Plenty of people within the first few pages of the thread suggested that "a little makeup" was necessary to look put together and is a part of grooming themselves well. That's why it came up. Most people considering "styling" to involve makeup or manicures or pedicures. So that's what I'm railing against. I don't care if people find me attractive, I don't see why you should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty