Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 11:58 PM

11 posts, read 114,098 times

Advertisements

My sister told me that guys in Japan are extreamly metrosexuals. She said that the "rich" guys wear foundation, (i believe thats what its called) and just the other night i ran in to some old jr high friends and they were wearing make up, i flipped. I myself like to look good when i go out but i don't do any of the feminine stuff such manicures, pedicures and especially make up.

I was just wondering what you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
No way. What's next, lacey, frilly boxers because it make them feel sexy?

I don't know any women that desire a feminine man.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM

660 posts, read 2,440,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No way. What's next, lacey, frilly boxers because it make them feel sexy?

I don't know any women that desire a feminine man.
lol,def. not me

Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times
I always look at a Metrosexual as a Homosexual who hasn't had gay sex - yet.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:07 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,040 times
I think a lot of American men confuse good taste, sophistication and taking pride in one's appearance with being "metrosexual."

Most women appreciate a man who takes pride in his appearance. Honestly, I get sick to death of seeing grown men running around in jeans, tennis shoes and sweatshirts with 3 day shadow on their faces and ratty grown out haircuts and raggedy fingernails. Oh and don't get me started on grown men who wear JERSEYS outside the house!! Do they think they're 12 years old?

I think many (I'm not trying to say all, because there are lazy people all over the world) European men (and many urban American men) spend a little more time trying to look stylish and sophisticated.

I remember during college I worked at a very popular, upscale restaurant/lounge and we would often get these divine European men coming in. They were impeccably coiffed, with perfectly tailored clothes, manicured nails, and beautiful skin that had obviously been exfoliated and moisturized. You should have seen the women SWOON. Hehe. Man they were nice to look at !

But makeup? Err. I would have a hard time with that one!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I always look at a Metrosexual as a Homosexual who hasn't had gay sex - yet.
Hey Fat Freddy,

I totally agree. I would rather be alone than deal with a female male. I think they got their wires crossed.

Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty