Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 PM

241 posts, read 358,749 times

Advertisements

I made a thread earlier about the importance of nurturing your natural beauty, and health.This lead a lot of people to mistakably believe I didn't value the importance of inner beauty. I do, I think inner beauty in the long run outranks outer beauty.

Most of this advice is from my grandma who is the greatest women I know, and has help me become a better women.

-Treat your body like a shrine as you only have one.

-Its never a bad idea to better yourself physically or mentally.

-Have fun, but don't have a life that revolves around drinking and partying.

-Never depend on your looks to attract men or get you ahead in society, when the beauty fades away your going to be lost on what to do.

-Almost all men can't resist a warm, affectionate and feminine women with a feisty and sexual side.

-Keep yourself informed and aware about the outside world around you.

-Be comfortable with your sexuality, and sexual side. Never be ashamed of it.

-Be upfront and direct about the problems or issues you have with another person instead of being passive aggressive about it or catty.

-Don't base your self worth on the attention you receive or get from men, its only going to make you bitter later in life when the attention stops.

-If your appearance doesn't fit society's strict standard of beauty you can't let that get to you because there is more to beauty then what is on the outside.

-Never be weak minded or easily lead.

-Smile as often as you can, smiling instantly lights up your face and persona.

-Have at least one active hobby you can stick with, it makes you appear to be a well rounded person.

-Be positive, no matter what situation you are end. When your positive you draw more people to you.

-You don't have to be a genius, but having the knowledge about general facts, politics, and the government ect is a good thing along with keeping up with current affairs.

-Learn to identify your character flaws to keep them under wrap.

-Every sexual encounter you have should be based on desire, I know too many women who say they regret sleeping with half the guys they had sex with.

-Never trust a friend who has had an affair with a married man.

- Cherish your friendships, and be a loyal friend. All that catty nonsense should be left behind in high school.

Thats all I got, if anyone else has any other advice for women/men about life and nourishing their inner beauty, please share.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-19-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 07:46 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,021,130 times
turn out the light, all women are beautiful

a good woman is like a good steak, a little marbling isn't so bad

never bring a vegan to a pig-roast

Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
turn out the light, all women are beautiful

a good woman is like a good steak, a little marbling isn't so bad

never bring a vegan to a pig-roast
Nice

Old 06-19-2014, 09:19 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,143,262 times
My Short Advice:

Be sincere to yourself. Don't cheat your loved ones. They have invested their time and energy in you, please respect their feelings and efforts. Please, be open with your wife, parents, and true friends. Narrate your problem and what has been tried to resolve it, because after all they are there to help you. Same way, make every effort to help them out with their personal issues. Relationship is a two way street.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My Short Advice:

Be sincere to yourself. Don't cheat your loved ones. They have invested their time and energy in you, please respect their feelings and efforts. Please, be open with your wife, parents, and true friends. Narrate your problem and what has been tried to resolve it, because after all they are there to help you. Same way, make every effort to help them out with their personal issues. Relationship is a two way street.
Very good. Keep them coming folks.

Here are some more:

-Develop a well rounded vocabulary and try to reduce the number times you say "like" when you are talking. You might come across as an airhead when you over use it to other people or less intelligent then you really are.

-Have a calm, nurturing, and mature tone to your voice instead of bitchy, hostile, and nasty one.

-Have independence, don't depend solely on your relationship to bring you happiness or cling to the person your dating.

-Learn to love your body and natural beauty.

-Always be open and flirty to any guy who approaches as long as your single and he doesn't seem like a creeper. He might not meet your standards at first sight, but you never know, he could be the one.

-If you can afford it, travel. Its a great experience.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-19-2014 at 10:30 PM..

Old 06-20-2014, 02:09 AM

Note that Imeant to put *etc on the title not ect.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,680,783 times
Don't make anyone else's life harder than it has to be.

Do the right thing, even when it's not convenient for you.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
Note that I meant to put *etc on the title not ect.
Correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty