Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:58 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times

Advertisements

Everytime I roll up my sleeves (literally) or wear a tank after coming back home, its very clear that there is a sharp contrast in skin tone between my lower and upper arms. My lower arms and legs have a golden brown tan, while upper arms and rest of my body have an apricot like skin tone. Does anyone else here have markedly varying skin tones like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,097,944 times
Sounds like farmer's tan. Get some sunscreen for your arms if it bothers you.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,252,275 times
Yes I do, and it's almost entirely due to sun exposure over the years. I think it might be a permanent thing at this point.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Yup. I've got all sorts of variation. My arms are pretty close in tone for lower and upper. But my left arm and right arm are different. My chest and shoulders have all sorts of shades. And my thighs are lighter than my calves which are lighter than my feet.

It is par for the course for darker people. We gain color easily, sunscreen or no.

If you pay attention, you'll also notice that you pale in the winter too.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:07 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup. I've got all sorts of variation. My arms are pretty close in tone for lower and upper. But my left arm and right arm are different. My chest and shoulders have all sorts of shades. And my thighs are lighter than my calves which are lighter than my feet.

It is par for the course for darker people. We gain color easily, sunscreen or no.

If you pay attention, you'll also notice that you pale in the winter too.
^ That for sure. parts of my body, especially my face become noticeably darker during late spring through summer. Even so my face tends to be darker than all other parts no matter the season. Even now my arms are considerably lighter compared to my face though all receive the same amount of sun exposure.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
You mean something like this?

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-22-2014 at 02:53 PM..

Old 06-22-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You mean something like this?
My tan lines are more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Male_torso.jpg

See the lower portion of his arm is darker in comparison to shoulders. I have a very similar problem. Same happens with my legs as well. Lower legs are tan, while thighs are pale.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-22-2014 at 05:49 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 05:50 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Seriously. .....tan line.And it's not even because where the sun hits, movement, and sweat.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My tan lines are more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Male_torso.jpg

See the lower portion of his arm is darker in comparison to shoulders. I have a very similar problem. Same happens with my legs as well. Lower legs are tan, while thighs are pale.
Yeah, because you're probably not running around naked outside. Your shoulders are probably covered up by clothing, as well as your thighs, whenever you are out in the sun. They're not getting the same amount of sun exposure as the lower portion of your arm and legs are. If you want a more even tan throughout you can either start sunbathing naked, go to a tanning salon and tan naked there, or get a fake tanner to put on the skin that doesn't get as much skin exposure.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah, because you're probably not running around naked outside. Your shoulders are probably covered up by clothing, as well as your thighs, whenever you are out in the sun. They're not getting the same amount of sun exposure as the lower portion of your arm and legs are. If you want a more even tan throughout you can either start sunbathing naked, go to a tanning salon and tan naked there, or get a fake tanner to put on the skin that doesn't get as much skin exposure.
Well, I actually want fairer skin, not darker. Using Fair and handsome sunscreen on my lower arms could ease out skin tone issues. I am not sure though, as its usually used as a face cream and not for the body.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-22-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty