Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wide or narrow straps on sleeveless shirts & tops
Wide 22 84.62%
Narrow 3 11.54%
Indifferent, or dont wear sleeveless 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,848,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I agree with Jade.

I am heavy up top and I can't wear skinny strapped bras like some women wear. I would love to be able to so that I can wear some of the tank type shirts that are out there, but I just can't.

Well, I can, but my bra strap shows..
I got a game changing tank top from bravissimo. It is a skinny strapped tank with a built in underwire bra. The sizes were bra sized and go to UK H. It is amazing! Great support, nearly as good (90%) as any of my normal fitting bras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:13 AM

670 posts, read 1,043,511 times
Default Shoulder Straps

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Wide enough to cover my bra straps, but more importantly, with the armholes cut small enough not to have a bunch of side boob showing
ITA! I much prefer wide straps with the armholes cut small. Wide straps that cover the bra are great, but then when the armholes are wide and the bra shows anyway...well, that just ruins your look and is embarrassing. Sometimes I wonder what kind of fit model the designers use when they create the clothing...surely not a normal size woman. If they use those skinny mini models, they should be able to tell that the armholes are way too big.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:31 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,581 times
I think it looks really tacky to have any portion of a bra showing. Unless the top has a built in bra, I want a sleeveless top cut to avoid having the bra showing.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSoBelle View Post
ITA! I much prefer wide straps with the armholes cut small. Wide straps that cover the bra are great, but then when the armholes are wide and the bra shows anyway...well, that just ruins your look and is embarrassing. Sometimes I wonder what kind of fit model the designers use when they create the clothing...surely not a normal size woman. If they use those skinny mini models, they should be able to tell that the armholes are way too big.
The problem is, the fit model assumes that the wearer has a B cup. So basically, they typical top is cut wider in the back if you will, and only assumes a small differential between back width and full bust size. The big armhole thing is even worse for women that are bustier! The pattern is actually too much like the men's one.

I have armhole problems in sleeveless stuff, cap sleeved stuffed and even some short sleeved stuff since I am busty. It is a pain. I have even gotten some things altered just to solve the gapping problem. If it is a non-knit fabric, there are usually 2 extra inches!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:36 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,314,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Wide enough to cover my bra straps, but more importantly, with the armholes cut small enough not to have a bunch of side boob showing
^^^ this

Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,532,015 times
I have yet to find a dress or top with a built-in bra where the bra is remotely decent. Either they're shelf bras that result in uniboob/aren't supportive enough for larger-than-b cup sizes, or they're just poor quality.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:44 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,935,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Something I have wanted to ask women is if they prefer wide or narrow shoulder straps on their sleeveless shirts and tops.

For guys, most sleeveless t shirts and tanks come with medium to wide straps.
I swear you ask the most odd questions. You're a guy. What does it matter?

FWIW, I prefer in-cut sleeves on sleeveless blouses, and I like the thinner shoulders of tank tops. I have very muscular shoulders and I like to show them off. But for work-tops, most are standard width. Not much choice there.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have yet to find a dress or top with a built-in bra where the bra is remotely decent. Either they're shelf bras that result in uniboob/aren't supportive enough for larger-than-b cup sizes, or they're just poor quality.
Ok enough raves for me. But this is a winner. A little pricey but it is totally amazing. It basically costs the same as a normal bra for me anyway! Probably cheaper, and it comes with a shirt! If you know your UK bra size, then I highly recommend getting one. They go on sale on ebay for cheaper often, if you are that sort of shopper. An actual tank with a useful built in bra for busty ladies!

Strappy Tops | Bravissimo

Old 06-27-2014, 04:17 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I swear you ask the most odd questions. You're a guy. What does it matter?

FWIW, I prefer in-cut sleeves on sleeveless blouses, and I like the thinner shoulders of tank tops. I have very muscular shoulders and I like to show them off. But for work-tops, most are standard width. Not much choice there.
My eyes roll around a bit too much, and I am a very visual creature. Very sorry about that . But please don't mistake me for bad intentions. I never intend to hurt anybody emotionally or physically. Just have a high curiosity level.

And FYI, I mentioned ladies as most outerwear tanks for men are wide strapped anyways.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-27-2014 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
OK, so now men's tanks have pockets. Is this look designed exclusively for gay men, just wondering .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty