Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 06:53 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

fur round hems or cuffs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 07:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Anything that must be dry cleaned or ironed.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
love it...

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Anything that must be dry cleaned or ironed.

I dislike the cheap material that the manufactures are producing now a days.Wish they would stop getting things overseas. (I sound so old) lol!

Wth is with this expensive clothing from Macy's ?Nordstrom? And not lasting many washes?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am gonna switch to handbags... I don't like handbags with logos all over them.

I have always had an issue when people wear shorts and a coat but then I thought about it, and I wear jeans and a t shirt all the time.

Is there a difference?

The shorts and a jacket/long sleeves applies to my self as well.
The rationale is probably that while longer sleeves can be rolled up, if hot, it's easier to wear short sleeve. Sleeves don't always stay in place with the amount of movement and material. One can always put on a jacket or sweatshirt over short sleeve when necessary. Jeans can be rolled up–if even a couple inches, depending on the style (bootcut can be rolled further), and rolled back down in cooler weather. You can't really do anything with shorts if it gets colder.

I suppose it varies by location, but I'm in an area where layering matters. It can be warm during the day but very cool at night, especially in Spring and late Summer/early Fall. These ways seem more practical.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:49 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
The rationale is probably that while longer sleeves can be rolled up, if hot, it's easier to wear short sleeve. Sleeves don't always stay in place with the amount of movement and material. One can always put on a jacket or sweatshirt over short sleeve when necessary. Jeans can be rolled up–if even a couple inches, depending on the style (bootcut can be rolled further), and rolled back down in cooler weather. You can't really do anything with shorts if it gets colder.

I suppose it varies by location, but I'm in an area where layering matters. It can be warm during the day but very cool at night, especially in Spring and late Summer/early Fall. These ways seem more practical.
Do they produce leg coverings for this, so that you can wear shorts in the afternoon but slip some material on when it gets cold.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:05 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Do they produce leg coverings for this, so that you can wear shorts in the afternoon but slip some material on when it gets cold.
leg coverings? i dont think so. Although im pretty sure you can keep a change of clothes in your car or backpack and utilize a restroom somewhere.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:26 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Most of all, I HATE, HATE, HATE hip-hugger pants! I didn't like them so much in the 60's, either, but at least you didn't see nearly the muffin-tops that the New Millennium brought us.

Hate rear pockets in pants. On men, fine (maybe because it's a necessity for them).

Ruffles. Didn't like them in the 60's, either.

Heavy shoulder pads (don't mind smaller ones, though).

Whale's tails.. another curse from hip-huggers.

Spike heels any higher than 3/4 inches. It's too rare to see a woman in the super-tall stilettos who doesn't walk awkward in them.

Clunky-looking Doc Martin-type boots with dresses ~ the kind that really belong with pants.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:58 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I suppose one could wear tights like Pippi Longstocking...but that only works for school-aged girls under 10.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Most of all, I HATE, HATE, HATE hip-hugger pants! I didn't like them so much in the 60's, either, but at least you didn't see nearly the muffin-tops that the New Millennium brought us.

Hate rear pockets in pants. On men, fine (maybe because it's a necessity for them).

Ruffles. Didn't like them in the 60's, either.

Heavy shoulder pads (don't mind smaller ones, though).

Whale's tails.. another curse from hip-huggers.

Spike heels any higher than 3/4 inches. It's too rare to see a woman in the super-tall stilettos who doesn't walk awkward in them.

Clunky-looking Doc Martin-type boots with dresses ~ the kind that really belong with pants.
now i actually prefer hip huggers/low rise pants. Much more preferable than those high rise fasten at your ribcage pants theyre trying to push on us now.

As for ruffles, they actually do compliment certain body shapes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty