Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
Rush "Race Card" Limbaugh fan on post 88
Who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You accused those of us who think weddings aren't an appropriate occasion for showing your butt as being jealous. Seems a little strange to me. Or maybe it is a generation gap.

I don't know, but is always put weddings in the formal/nice occasion bucket. You put on your nice clothes, have fun but you are still behaving at an elevated level above why happens on a regular weekend night. Apparently I am crazy and have weird conservative/outdated standards. </sarcasm>
You're not crazy, you just have your own ideas of what a wedding should be like; and many folks would disagree. If I ever get married, I plan to do a quickie at a chapel or beach in Tahoe, followed by an informal sit-down dinner for only close friends & family... heck, I might even wear a bohemian non-formal/non-white dress, since that is MY vision of a wedding. That's the beauty of it, we can all do what we choose on OUR special days. That's my only point here.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:03 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,067 times
What an absolutely inappropriate and downright stupid trend. Don't worry, I doubt this will be a standard ritual at most weddings. Where is the bride's respect for her wedding party??? Why not just show them all naked...that would probably be something that some dumb brides will want next. Geez, how nasty.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:30 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something somebody else said and I am now taking out of context View Post
Like I said...you have a very low bar.
Brilliant! If the bar is very low, then people have to bend over a lot further to get drinks and OOOH LA LA! Butts your uncle. This way they can claim it was not on purpose! Can we have stuff to make wedding goers reach really high - up on their tippy toes too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You're not crazy, you just have your own ideas of what a wedding should be like; and many folks would disagree. If I ever get married, I plan to do a quickie at a chapel or beach in Tahoe
<pause>

Old 06-29-2014, 06:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Notice it's mostly other American women making the biggest fusses! I bet if the latest fad was all the groomsmen stripping, then it would be all grins, smiles, giggles, and laughs The outrage would be replaced by "It's just harmless fun" etc!!
um no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Two words....Wardrobe Malfunction.
I've never seen so much howling and ballyhooing over absolutely nothing!
We had a good laugh over it.
"malfunction" indicates it was an accident. Obviously not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That someone was me, and I still maintain that weddings are usually an ADULT affair. So if you bring your children, expect to see a few things they might not be used to seeing. Not the bride & groom's responsibility, IMO. Also, in case you missed the "" on that post, I was being sarcastic... and I said "it's ANOTHER reason not to invite kids," which wasn't the same as saying DON'T invite them.

Wow. Again, it's not your wedding nor your place to judge... and I say this as a very "classy" woman, who'd never invite that kind of behavior at MY affair. But it's theirs, not mine.
I'm allowed an opinon, just like you. I'm "judging" by calling them attention whores. I'm being judged by those calling me an uptight prude. If having a little class makes me uptight, I can live with that.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
In one wedding party I was in we all wore flip flops (beach wedding in Hawaii) and did a soul train line on the way into the reception.

Another wedding we had a photo booth and put on hipster glasses and mustaches.

That's my idea of making the wedding less "stuffy" no butt photos required.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 PM

This song kinda sums it up perfectly.

Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - YouTube

Old 06-29-2014, 08:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
I don't know after so many boring weddings I think some trashy ones might be interesting.

My wedding motto: "Keep the ceremony short and the party long".

Old 06-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't know after so many boring weddings I think some trashy ones might be interesting.

My wedding motto: "Keep the ceremony short and the party long".
I've been to a lot of fun weddings. One hilarious moment was when my friend's 58 year old dad bust out his break dancing moves, including spinning on the floor.

It was a blast dancing (to Arabic music) with another friends nerdy dad and his brothers . We had so much fun the wedding had crashers!

Bhangra with another friend's uncles was another highlight.

You gotta get some new friends.

The first wedding I went to as a kid had the "money dance" where everyone takes turns dancing with the bride and groom and give them some cash! My little sister and I were so jealous.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I've been to a lot of fun weddings. One hilarious moment was when my friend's 58 year old dad bust out his break dancing moves, including spinning on the floor.

It was a blast dancing (to Arabic music) with another friends nerdy dad and his brothers . We had so much fun the wedding had crashers!

Bhangra with another friend's uncles was another highlight.

You gotta get some new friends.

The first wedding I went to as a kid had the "money dance" where everyone takes turns dancing with the bride and groom and give them some cash! My little sister and I were so jealous.
What you just described is how every wedding goes. I am usually the one breakdancing .

It's getting boring.

Need Butt girls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty