Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 12:05 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,123 times

Advertisements

Riiiiight....everyone here looks younger than their age. That's funny how people remember the one time someone said they looked younger, likely someone being phony or trying to get a tip and just latch onto it for dear life. I'm too young to look old but hopefully I won't be so self deluded lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 12:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Riiiiight....everyone here looks younger than their age. That's funny how people remember the one time someone said they looked younger, likely someone being phony or trying to get a tip and just latch onto it for dear life. I'm too young to look old but hopefully I won't be so self deluded lol
I remember when people actually get close to guessing my age. It is pretty rare. You are clearly not afflicted by the young-ness disorder.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:10 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Funny and true. Not to mention that the concept of "looking younger" is entirely subjective. Someone who's 50 years old might look 38 to one person but look 50 to another person.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:18 PM

18 posts, read 20,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by very84 View Post
it's possible to look like you're 18/20 at age 30?? (somatic traits, skin) .
What do you think about it?
I am 57 and have been guessed at 10 years younger for the past 10 years at least. Guess what, contrary to popular belief, I am overweight but healthy, how bout them apples...LOL. In conclusion, thinner and all those beauty secrets and all that makeup is not ALWAYS better!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,502 times
Yes, the lady at the grocery store nearly refused to sell me my liquor the other day. She stared at my ID for the longest time, and said my bday outloud.... then said, "But you look so young!!" She just kept staring at me, then the ID. It was sort of embarrassing. I get carded to buy lotto tickets. I'm 38. About 15 of my co-workers guessed my age from 20 to 26. Most of them are shocked. I've been accused of lying by half of them. I barely wear make-up. I am just over 5'0", I never spent much time AT ALL in the sun. I never tried to tan. I am naturally pale. Both my parents were mistaken for being younger most of their lives by many people too. When I was 25 I got into Harry Potter on a child's ticket. Shortly after I got married (26 years old) a man came to the door to sell stuff and asked if my mother was home (sheesh)

Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,174 times
Sure, a tiny percentage of people can look that much younger.

But observers also vary in their level of perceptiveness and ability to read cues, in skin, build, frame and dress.

I get "is your mom home" when I open the door and poke my head out. When my size 14 butt and rack walk up, no one is asking for my mom.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsnaani View Post
I am 57 and have been guessed at 10 years younger for the past 10 years at least. Guess what, contrary to popular belief, I am overweight but healthy, how bout them apples...LOL. In conclusion, thinner and all those beauty secrets and all that makeup is not ALWAYS better!
I agree that a little weight is not a bad thing.

Who was it... somebody famous said that as time passes everyone has to make a decision whether to keep the face attractive, or the body skinny. And that sure applies to everyone! If one is not skinny, the face tends to look cuter, if one is skinny the face starts to get that gaunt, emaciated look which is like ew!! Unless one has plastic surgery and then take on the looks of a Kenny Rogers or a Joan Rivers. A bit off putting!!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:46 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,993 times
I'm 24 and people usually assume I'm 15. I never really get hit on by boys my age because they think I'm underage

Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
Its impossible for me to look 12 years younger. That makes me 10 years old .

Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
People suck at guessing ages.

That's really it most of the time.

I've had many people over the years (it happens every time I mention how old my eldest son is) look at me pretty flabbergasted that I'm my age. They just assumed I was about 10 years younger... Eh... it's nice, but I really enjoy it when people think I look good for MY age.

This is a compliment, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty