Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 PM

459 posts, read 768,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Why ask for our opinions then? If we all have them and you clearly see things your way, why even post this? I have no grudge with you so there is nothing to let go. I was just trying to understand the motivation for this thread and letting you know how you were coming across. As far as iggy goes her and coco have completely different bodies. Iggy certainly looks like a pear to me. She has slender arms and narrow shoulders, and her hips are much wider than her shoulders, she is very hippy. Coco has thicker arms and broader shoulders and her hips are wide too but her shoulders and hips are more aligned and proportioned. Two different bodies completely. I'm not sure what there measurements are so I can't say what they are but i can say that yes to me iggy does look like a pear not an hour. Cocoa looks like an hour more than a pear but without the boobs she would be a variation of a pear with hour glass qualities=me.

And in your case yes you probably are a combo of both. But most would consider combinations to just be shape variations. So for instance I'm a pear variation since my measurements are not true hour glass and seem to go along with pear but I look more hour glass more than I do the traditional or classic pear look. Your an inverted triangle variation with measurements that are more along the lines of a triangle but you look more hourglass as opposed to the traditional triangle look.

But neither one of us are hour glass in the sense that we have those hourglass measurements.

My question was how to get an hourglass figure. I said a few pages back that I found good jean advice and underwear that adds in volume.

I do have hourglass measurements. 36-23-33. Guidelines for inverted triangle is less than 10 difference in the hips... Whr=.69. My bust to waist ratio is like .64 I think. My waist to hip ratio looks like this.

just an inch smaller in the hips

Moderator cut: image removed

I also have similar measurements to Carmen electra. She just doesn't remind me of the classic hourglass like kim kardashian or salma hayek.

Moderator cut: image removed

her measurements are 34D-24-34.

Mine are 32D-23-33.

I have more waist definition than her but overall same concept. Only thing is I have more shoulders as well.

Last edited by Marka; 07-06-2014 at 03:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 01:52 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Not sure where this is going OP, we've given you tips on how to make your hips look bigger. You've told us you have "hourglass hips" because of your waist hip ratio, but your shoulders are larger than your hips. What exactly is the next goal?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:58 PM

459 posts, read 768,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Not sure where this is going OP, we've given you tips on how to make your hips look bigger. You've told us you have "hourglass hips" because of your waist hip ratio, but your shoulders are larger than your hips. What exactly is the next goal?

Implement the advice thanks.

Like I said this thread is basically over.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
You almost have to be born with the hourglass figure. Sure one could be "made" (providing you already have larger boobs) by consistent squats, weightlifting, and proper nutritional intake. You talk about your "large" or "broad" shoulders and seems like your booty is a bit too flat to get the hourglass look.

Just focus on eating right. Working out (specifically squats, deadlifts and maybe burpees) and you'll get a fantastic body.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
You sound fine to me. A 34C is just about ideal, and narrow hips with a nice round butt is tremendously sexy. Just relax and go dancing.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 PM

24 posts, read 37,757 times
I have the same problem as the OP. I don't know what my real shape is but I am top heavy too. My measurement is 34-22-34 with a 39" shoulder and my bra size is 32D. I do look like an inverted triangle or V shape if you factor the shoulder.

I am so frustrated with my shoulder. Thanks for all the comments / recommendations on how to dress for my shape. Is there any thing I can wear that is not peplum or flare?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by satsuki; 07-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: deleted double words

Old 07-03-2014, 07:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post
I have the same problem as the OP. I don't know what my real shape is but I am top heavy too. My measurement is 34-22-34 with a 39" shoulder and my bra size is 32D. I do look like an inverted triangle or V shape if you factor the shoulder.

I am so frustrated with my shoulder. Thanks for all the comments / recommendations on how to dress for my shape. Is there any thing I can wear that is not peplum or flare?

Thanks in advance
Wear patterns at the bottom, though the flared/a-line shapes are your best bet.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post

Thanks in advance
That's an hourglass measurement. But just like the op you can be a certain shape and end up just being a variation of that shape. Everything isn't always so defined in that you must look like "x" to fit the profile. But your measurements are hourglass, you simply have broad shoulders. Your already pretty balanced according to your measurements, you can dress to minimize your shoulders but since your already hour which means you are equally proportionate I honestly think you probably look fine.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:13 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
My question was how to get an hourglass figure. I said a few pages back that I found good jean advice and underwear that adds in volume.

I do have hourglass measurements. 36-23-33. Guidelines for inverted triangle is less than 10 difference in the hips... Whr=.69. My bust to waist ratio is like .64 I think. My waist to hip ratio looks like this.

just an inch smaller in the hips

I also have similar measurements to Carmen electra. She just doesn't remind me of the classic hourglass like kim kardashian or salma hayek.

her measurements are 34D-24-34.

Mine are 32D-23-33.

I have more waist definition than her but overall same concept. Only thing is I have more shoulders as well.
Ok.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 PM

24 posts, read 37,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Wear patterns at the bottom, though the flared/a-line shapes are your best bet.
Thanks I don't like a-line shapes because I really like my flat stomach despite being a mom. I am 31 and would like to take advantage of the time before I hit perimenopause stage because you'll never know if I'll gain all unnecessary weight by that time I didn't know patterns will balance my look! That's a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
That's an hourglass measurement. But just like the op you can be a certain shape and end up just being a variation of that shape. Everything isn't always so defined in that you must look like "x" to fit the profile. But your measurements are hourglass, you simply have broad shoulders. Your already pretty balanced according to your measurements, you can dress to minimize your shoulders but since your already hour which means you are equally proportionate I honestly think you probably look fine.
See, that's why I get confused. Some people will say that I am hour glass and and some will say V shape. I am just a little frustrated on my shoulder. It didn't help that my brother teased me all the time being a linebacker Shopping is frustrating too. I don't even know which kinds of sleeves works for me. I have tried this style before ( I really like it):

Bec & Bridge Osaka Scuba Dress in Blue (Indigo) | Lyst

Note that I am talking about the sleeve. Will this work on me? Thanks!

Sorry for the grammar and spelling errors. English is not my first language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty