Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times

Advertisements

I am confused. Are you a man or a woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 PM

459 posts, read 768,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am confused. Are you a man or a woman?
I'm biologically female. But I don't identify as female. I want to present more masculine

Last edited by justawkward11; 07-13-2014 at 08:27 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
get rid of the mustache
I don't have a mustache which I did but I wouldn't want a beard.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
I know a guy who now is a woman. When I met him he was skinny as a twig. 5'6" and no heavier than 110 pounds. No hips, no butt, no boobs ( obviously ). I moved away and the only contact we had was on FB. Now 2.5 years later he has gained maybe 10 pounds. He has a bigger butt and he has boobs!!!!He also changed his name to a female name so I guess I should call him a her.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:18 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
I associate prominent cheekbones with femininity. I have them.

I associate long eyelashes with femininity, but it seems like more men are blessed with them than women.

I think men have wider jaws too.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I associate prominent cheekbones with femininity. I have them.

I associate long eyelashes with femininity, but it seems like more men are blessed with them than women.

I think men have wider jaws too.
How about cute little toes?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I'm biologically female. But I don't identify as female. I want to present more masculine
OK, so you are a woman but look like a man? Not sure what "identify" means. If you appear more like a man then why do you want to "present more masculine"? You already are. Sorry, it is a slow day.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
OK, so you are a woman but look like a man? Not sure what "identify" means. If you appear more like a man then why do you want to "present more masculine"? You already are. Sorry, it is a slow day.
No did you read my description? I actually look too feminine which is why the yt vids make up tips on how to look more masculine didn't really help the problem with my prominent lips... Mainly it's not just my lips but my nose being so small added to the problem. And then having cheekbones too round and high. I just wanted advice but I found a natural look to minimize. But idk if it'll be too obvious. I also don't want any plastic surgery.

I want to present as male because I'm trans. You've never heard of a trans man? Yeah that's what I am in a sense. I identify as agender on the male side of the things sometimes androgynous My gender expression is bigender I don't see myself as male or female and I don't have body dysmorphia. I'm actually proud of my body. But I naturally prefer male pronouns. Despite looking really feminine I naturally am more masculine. Which is odd especially when I'm feminine in presentation. Because I look really feminine and am "straight" but I act like a dude. I have accepted I'll never be an ultra femme girl. I don't understand it or want to be. I have feminine moments too. I like make up and I'm skinny with a shape so I like dressing up. But it's just like dressing a doll up not really myself. I don't mentally identify with my female peer. I wrote a thread about dressing more femme as well. But I was mainly talking about day to day presentation.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I know a guy who now is a woman. When I met him he was skinny as a twig. 5'6" and no heavier than 110 pounds. No hips, no butt, no boobs ( obviously ). I moved away and the only contact we had was on FB. Now 2.5 years later he has gained maybe 10 pounds. He has a bigger butt and he has boobs!!!!He also changed his name to a female name so I guess I should call him a her.
I used to be like 84 lbs and a little over 5 ft. I found my body was easier to present in a sense back then because all I had to do was wear a binder. I am around 95-100 lbs now I'm a total hourglass. I was always chesty C cup and up but idk if it was growing up the food I ate or just gaining weight but my hip bones top ones got wider and now am like a top hourglass in figure but I'm still skinny and I with roomy clothes can look straight if I want to so it's not a problem. I just don't like being anywhere near 105 because I become a DD cup that's so hard to contain especially when I'm a size 1 or 3 it all just gets too feminine that's why I like to stay under 100 lbs so I look more masculine. The skinnier I get the more my shoulders show off so I tend to like staying slim.

And yeah you should call her what she is which is a woman not a man.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:45 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
What features make a feminine face?
a) Two eyes, a right eye and a left eye
b) A nose with two nostrils
c) A mouth, with an upper and lower lip
d) A chin
e) Cheeks, one left and one right
f) Teeth ... when they are visible
g) A forehead
h) A hairline of some kind
i) Ears ... maybe. Some women have ears prominant enough to be considered part of her face.
j) Two eyebrows, one above each eye, one to the right and one to the left
k) Eyelashes affixed both above and below the eye; this applies to both eyes
l) Eye interior - various parts including cornea, retina, pupil, iris, etc. This applies to both eyes.
m) That little divot just beneath the nose (called the philtrum in anatomy textbooks)
n) Eyelids; one for each eye
o Tongue, when it is stuck out to lick something, give someone the raspberry, or freeze its tip to a cold flagpole

Optional Accessories

a) Moles and "beauty" marks
b) Age spots
c) Crow's feet, laugh lines, and other wrinkles
d) Make-up (mostly noticed when there's too much of it)
e) Scraggly little hairs above the lip or on the cheek (electrolysis is helpful here)
f) furrows on the forehead ... makes one look like a Klingon if they're too deep
g) Glasses
i) Dimples, for that irresistably pinchable look
j) Cleft in the chin
k) Bangs, good for covering up Klingon-like forehead furrows (see item f)
l) Pimples, blackheads, and other signs of acne
j) Scars and pockmarks from getting chickenpox later in life
l) Other scars, like from that night when you went into biker bar and tried to take "Cobra" from his biker chick girlfriend (if only you knew she had a knife ...)
m) Overbites and underbites
n) Braces (for some) and those awful wire frames that stick out of the mouth and go all the way around the head (for those even more unlucky)
o) Bits of food or a milk mustache for those women who are untidy eaters. (Food goes into the mouth, not around it)
p) Oil - some women have lots of it on their skin so that they shine as if just buffed and polished with Turtle Wax
q) Various piercings, especially in the nose, lip, and eyebrow. Special note: piercings are often mistaken for item "o" on this list when seen from a distance)
r) A neck, irresistably wringable, especially the person's neck who wrote a post like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty