Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 07:04 PM

65 posts, read 47,768 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about nose jobs (and possibly having one) for a while now. People say that my nose is fine but sometimes it feels like it's too...big. Ideally I would want my nose to be a tad bit narrower, though I'm not too sure if it would go with my face. A picture is attached of my nose.
Attached Thumbnails
Rhinoplasty?-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 07:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Picky, picky! I'm sure it's fine. Certainly not big enough to warrant getting sliced. Devote yourself to enjoying life, hobbies, work, etc., and you'll forget all about your nose.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
To touch that great nose would be a crime and nutso billy!

Be grateful, and enjoy the great looking nose you were given at birth.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:28 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,241,386 times
I can't tell by that pic.........

Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM

65 posts, read 47,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I can't tell by that pic.........
Sorry about that, another pic is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Rhinoplasty?-image.jpg  

Old 09-13-2014, 07:40 PM

351 posts, read 693,790 times
From what you showed there, your nose looks just fine! I'm thinking any smaller and it won't really match your face. From the profile, you have a young looking face too. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about!

This is a good link when considering changing anything about yourself. How you see yourself may not be at all what other people see about you.

Beauty Sketches

Old 09-13-2014, 08:06 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,241,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpadilla88 View Post
Sorry about that, another pic is attached.
You do NOT need a nose job. It isn't large, crooked, or disproportionate. I'd leave it alone........

Old 09-13-2014, 09:46 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Leave it alone. I had rhinoplasty as a teen, my nose was huge and bumpy, a big Italian nose on a girl with tiny features, and the surgery did a lot for my self esteem. But many years later I broke my nose and it sort of healed ok but the underlying structure was compromised and over the years there was some collapse that now looks funny and causes breathing problems. You nose is fine, it works, and doesn't jump out and scream "I'm an ugly nose" so don't risk damaging it.

I don't regret my surgery (although I wish I had a better surgeon with todays knowledge) BUT I regret that I have problems now and don't want to have another surgery.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:26 AM

255 posts, read 451,871 times
I had my nose done when I was around 35 years old. I researched and consulted with 7 plastic surgeons before I found the one I felt most comfortable with and who also had excellent credentials. Well, it did not turn out right. I had a bump and what he did was carve out a section in the middle but for some reason, he did not get the bump off on one side. You have to wait a year for a redo, which I did. He still didn't get it right the second time. I felt like he actually took off too much overall but still left the bump on one side. So whereas before, I had a fairly straight nose that just projected too much and had a bump, now I have a turned up nose with a bump on one side. The whole character of my face changed with that turned up nose. I still don't like it, but am not going to go through that again.

Your nose looks ok from the side. I cannot tell what it would look like from a front or 3/4 view. What I think may be a better option for you is a small chin implant. I think it would give you more confidence. I had a receding chin also and sometimes I wish I'd have left my nose alone and just gotten the chin implant. They wanted to do both but I said no at the time. Anyway, it's much less expensive and if anything went wrong, at least they can take it out and haven't carved you up to where you have a problem like I do.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:43 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
dont see any deformities, no need to chop up your face
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty