Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 02:56 PM

48 posts, read 125,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post

I don't really understand this. My husband and I live under the same roof and our tools are stored in the same place. We came into our relationship with my tools and his tools, and our own toolboxes but if either of us needs any tool all the toolboxes are on the same shelf in the same location and it's not a big deal if his tape measure gets dumped into mine or one of my screw drivers into his. They're all our tools now.

Of course, if you keep your tools in the garage and he keeps his in the workshop out back, then you've got a problem!
While both DH and I came into the marriage with 2 sets of tools, I naively let him combine them. I didn't realize the difficulty he had in getting tools back to a common spot. His process when looking for a tool is to think about where he last used it on a project because that is where it still is.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 03:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I knew I would get your attention! There is no mistaking my tools vs. my wife's. No pink needed. Hers look like she picked them up at ACME.
I inherited mine from my dad. He also taught me how to use them.

Though, come to think of it, my leather working tools were my grandfather's.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,577 posts, read 81,186,228 times
The other day I was walking past a burly guy moving a pallet of goods into a store using a pink pallet jack, when the proprietor asked him about the color. His response was "I don't have to worry about anyone stealing it."

Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
No.

Although like Hemlock's post... I know if I don't want my husband taking something (he isn't good at putting things away, taking care of things, and he loses them...) I will buy it in pink. I don't really have much in pink like that but a couple charger/aux cords for a phone. Sure enough, he won't touch them. I always said if I one day I ended up with a Ferrari, I'd get that bright pink one with the Hello Kitty on the hood I've seen in memes. No, I don't like it really, but it would be the only way I could keep him from taking it all the time ROFL.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM

223 posts, read 300,313 times
Someone gave me an all-pink tool kit for Christmas once. The tools were rather flimsy, and most of the tools or handles quickly broke. Since then, I have always purchased very high quality "men's-looking" tools. I'm secure enough in my own femininity that I don't need to use "pretty" tools.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:59 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
243 posts, read 366,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I like it only because guys don't walk off with my tools. I don't know if that would hold true for an absent-minded color-blind guy, but haven't come across that yet.
Lol. I can tell you it wouldn't. My husband is color-blind and pink (especially pale pink) looks white to him. When we were first married I noticed he had a couple of pink shirts he wore to work that he was about to throw in with a load of white laundry. When I mentioned it, he was surprised to learn the shirts were pink rather than white. He has unintentionally bought other things that were pink, such as a new computer mouse, thinking they were white.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:47 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Not sure if I ever posted on this before, but if not....
As a breast cancer survivor (a term I am not very happy with..nobody calls me an appendicitis survivor) I resent when companies use me to make money. Pink this and pink that makes my blood boil.
I never got any benefit from any organization when I had breast cancer, and once I finished my treatment I chose not to look back and wallow in my status as a victim.
I have, and will continue to, mentor others through their treatment, but do not even think of trying to use me to pink up your business by selling pink hammers or tennis balls.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:11 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
There seems to be an explosion of all manly things in pink. I see hammers with pink handles and of course carry guns in pink. So my question is if this marketing scheme really works on women.
It works on me.

Bic, take note!!!!

Old 09-19-2015, 08:38 PM

28 posts, read 66,450 times
Quote:
There seems to be an explosion of all manly things in pink. I see hammers with pink handles and of course carry guns in pink. So my question is if this marketing scheme really works on women.
Nope.....Estwing USA for me!

Old 09-20-2015, 06:37 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
You can always repaint a good qualityal hammr pink, right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty