Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 12:28 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
There seems to be an explosion of all manly things in pink. I see hammers with pink handles and of course carry guns in pink. So my question is if this marketing scheme really works on women.
No. I don't. I try to avoid all things trendy. But it really doesn't appeal to me at all. I like brown colours anyway. Brown or some other dark colour (like red, that's good for lamp shades especially). But most light and all bright colours I really can't stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
hahahah..ok. I totally came in here thinking 'wth is a pink hammer?!'

Old 09-20-2015, 07:44 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Not sure if I ever posted on this before, but if not....
As a breast cancer survivor (a term I am not very happy with..nobody calls me an appendicitis survivor) I resent when companies use me to make money. Pink this and pink that makes my blood boil.
I never got any benefit from any organization when I had breast cancer, and once I finished my treatment I chose not to look back and wallow in my status as a victim.
I have, and will continue to, mentor others through their treatment, but do not even think of trying to use me to pink up your business by selling pink hammers or tennis balls.
You and me, both. I've had breast cancer twice and the last thing I want is random pink objects sitting around to remind me of it. Someone offered to give me a pink ribbon sticker for my car and I said NO (thank you). Let's move on.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:18 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I like the pink hammer, because it's lighter. I often need to smack a nail into the wall and I don't need a huge regular sized hammer to do it. I also use it to set snaps -- sewing by hammer!

Old 09-22-2015, 06:23 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
No. I think tools should not be gender specific.

I'd rather give money straight to breast cancer research.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 AM

109 posts, read 91,069 times
Maybe only little girls like pink, because it's cute. I like red

Old 09-24-2015, 05:12 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
I'm a woman and I am not drawn to the color pink, regardless of the product.

I realize this is not a direct answer to your question, however, as others have said I would like to know that the money I donate (the FULL amount, 100%) goes directly to research and not the various salaries between the donation and the actual research.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

Claim: The Susan G. Komen breast cancer organization gives only 20% of its donations to cancer research and pays its CEO $684,000 per year.

Does the Susan G Komen only give 20% of donations to cancer research and does the CEO make $684,000/yr.?

In 2012, Komen founder and CEO Nancy Brinker became the focus of controversy when she announced Komen would be pulling the grants the organization had been providing to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screenings, then quickly reversed that decision. Several months later Brinker announced she would be stepping down as Komen's CEO, but the following year she was again the focus of controversy when news outlets reported that not only did she still hold her CEO position, but she had received a hefty raise to boot that brought her annual compensation up to $684,000 per year:

Read more at snopes.com: Komen Research and CEO Salary

Old 09-24-2015, 09:23 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
The only reason I would buy a pink set is that it would be easier to catch my son and husband with them ... they're always losing their tools and taking mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty