Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:08 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I don't carry a purse at all. I think they look stupid. Why do I need to carry around so much crap with me all the time that I need a special bag for it? I don't. I can fit lipstick and a debit card in my pocket, which most of the time is all I need. Purse stays in the car.

No offense to the purse carriers among us. It's just not my style.
Out of curiosity, what do you do when you're on your period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 01:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
"Hate"? I think that's a little extreme. I'm sure I'm not the only person, though, who would think less of someone who spends a stupid amount of money just to impress other people.
Why is owning an expensive handbag automatically to impress other people? I own expensive bras too, are they also to impress other people?

Why is it impossible to believe that I spent $400 on a bag because I love it and appreciate the quality myself?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:07 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Why is owning an expensive handbag automatically to impress other people? I own expensive bras too, are they also to impress other people?
Sure. Lots of ladies wear Vicky's Secret bras to turn on their boyfriends or girlfriends. I'm not into either one of those types of items personally. They just seem overpriced for what you get.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Sure. Lots of ladies wear Vicky's Secret bras to turn on their boyfriends or girlfriends. I'm not into either one of those types of items personally. They just seem overpriced for what you get.
Vicky's bras are not high end bras at any level: terrible construction and selection.

I wear expensive bras because they fit and look better. Most of the time no one sees them but me. I wear them because I like them. Not to impress anyone!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM

Default Yakut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
VS are not expensive bras. They are also neither designer nor high quality. And the notion that other people means your one significant other is ridiculous.

Buying an expensive quality item might be to impress other people or it must just be because you appreciate quality. Now this is all dependent on being able to recognize the difference between quality items and not but when I tell you my lingerie purchases are not made to impress anyone at all, but are instead based on my own notions of comfort and quality, it is weird to insist otherwise.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you do when you're on your period?
Carry what I need in my pocket if I'm going to be away from the house for a long time or go to my car and get what I need when I need it (purse is always in my car just not on my body). If I'm in school I have to carry a backpack anyway so just stash my plugs in that. Purses are annoying to carry around. It's just much easier for me this way.

Someone earlier mentioned not all clothing has pockets. In the wintertime, my coat always has plenty of pockets. In warmer weather, I just be sure to wear something with a pocket the two or three days a month it might be an issue. No hassle. Been doing this for years and have never had any issues.

I work from home so unless I'm at school I'm generally not gone long enough for this to be an issue, but if I'm going to be gone for several hours it's very easy to deal with.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Carry what I need in my pocket if I'm going to be away from the house for a long time or go to my car and get what I need when I need it (purse is always in my car just not on my body). If I'm in school I have to carry a backpack anyway so just stash my plugs in that. Purses are annoying to carry around. It's just much easier for me this way.

Someone earlier mentioned not all clothing has pockets. In the wintertime, my coat always has plenty of pockets. In warmer weather, I just be sure to wear something with a pocket the two or three days a month it might be an issue. No hassle. Been doing this for years and have never had any issues.

I work from home so unless I'm at school I'm generally not gone long enough for this to be an issue, but if I'm going to be gone for several hours it's very easy to deal with.
I actually used to dislike purses too. They were always heavy, or slid off my shoulder, and I was concerned I would lose it. This is actually one of the reason I moved to designer bags. About 12 years ago I had to carry around a friends bag (and baby for that matter) for the better part of a day when she had to go to the emergency room unexpectedly. I was surprised by how much better balanced her bag was and how I hardly noticed it on my shoulder. It was a coach bag, and I got my own not long after.

Now I only leave mine in the car when I am surfing or when I am going on the vessel. But even then I usually bring a backpack.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:02 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I actually used to dislike purses too. They were always heavy, or slid off my shoulder, and I was concerned I would lose it. This is actually one of the reason I moved to designer bags. About 12 years ago I had to carry around a friends bag (and baby for that matter) for the better part of a day when she had to go to the emergency room unexpectedly. I was surprised by how much better balanced her bag was and how I hardly noticed it on my shoulder. It was a coach bag, and I got my own not long after.

Now I only leave mine in the car when I am surfing or when I am going on the vessel. But even then I usually bring a backpack.
The anti-purse thing must be genetic. I don't even tell people I hate them. I just don't carry them out of the car. One day I overheard my 20-year-old daughter talking to her male friend about how she hates purses and always feels stupid when she's carrying one. I busted out laughing at her and told her I feel exactly the same way and that she must get that from me. On the other hand, my mom loves them and has more than any person I've ever met.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:05 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
they use more makeup?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:25 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
Too baggy imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty